- Company: Professional Alliance for Development-PADet
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an Ethiopian Residential Charity organization which runs various developmental programs at community level focusing on Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, child development and Livelihood promotion programs to empower vulnerable women, children and youth in North Wollo Zone, South Wollo zone, West Gojam – Amhara Region, North Shoa Zone, Oromia Region, Afar and Addis Ababa.
PADet has been working since 1998 in partnership with various International Donors, Regional Governments, National CSOs and the communities.
Currently PADet would like to hire a competent potential staff for the position of Cashier Accountant at Head office level Job Summary: Under the supervision of Senior Accountant, responsible to prepare & effect check payments as per PADet’s procedure, collect cash by preparing the organizations cash receipt and deposit to bank. Compile financial supporting documents and prepare monthly cash book and coding on documents.
- Check and processes all cheque disbursements at head office by preparing the necessary cash payment vouchers,
- Collect Check/Cash from donor’s and other parties on behalf of PADet by issuing the necessary cash receipt voucher and make sure all collections are deposited to bank no later than the next day after the collection,
- Make sure all advances are settled as per the procedure and report to his/her immediate supervisor for unsettled advances if any,
- Collect bank statement and other advices from bank and make sure all deposits have respective cash receipt vouchers,
- Prepare monthly cash book and make sure all payment vouchers and supporting documents have paid stamp immediately after payment is effected,
- Maintains employees’ medical ledger and make necessary entries,
- Prepares monthly payroll and time sheet for staff assigned at head office,
- Make coding of payment vouchers based on the organization’s chart of account,
- Discharge responsibilities based on monthly and quarterly action plans
- Carry out other related activities as assigned by supervisors.
Terms of Employment: life time of the project be assigned and subject to performance of employee
Qualification and skills Requirement:
- Diploma/BA degree in Accounting.
- At least 3year for Diploma/ 1 year for Degree experience in related position (preferable in NGO)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft basic, internet and Financial Accounting software
- Enough knowledge on financial system & procedure.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV and testimonial documents through our contact address within 7 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
Head office – Addis Ababa – P.O. Box:365 , telephone 0113-69 81 36
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Women Applicants are highly encouraged to apply for all post