FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply on the following position for the Integrated Community Development Project.
Duration of Contract: One year contract, renewable (with 60 working days probation period)
- Maintains and safeguards cash and fuel coupons.
- Issues official receipts for all collections.
- Deposits daily cash collections intact into bank the next working day.
- Records daily cash collections and payments and balances daily with cash on hand.
- Maintains fuel coupon register and balances daily with coupons on hand.
- Prepares checks for all authorized payments.
- Processes bank transfer and exchange of checks.
- Prepares daily bank accounts and cash balances.
- Performs any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Checks the quantity, specifications and appropriateness of incoming items before receiving;
- Receives and issue properties in accordance with the rules and regulation of the organization;
- Stores incoming items in a proper way;
- Issues outgoing items from the store as per the relevant guideline;
- Controls bin cards and stock cards and makes the balance;
- Ensures that the store is always tidy;
- Follows up items to be stocked out and reports to the immediate supervisor;
- Prepares periodic reports;
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
- Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
- Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security. This includes, but not limited to, personal safety, road safety, etc.
Be aware of the stereotypes about women’s and men’s capacities, and discuss how they influence staff, in assigning responsibility, and in managing resources at unit and organization level.
Be able to describe how gender issues relate to one’s job responsibilities and how gender equity can be promoted through the execution of those responsibilities.
Be familiar with the local Gender Focal Point(s), and go to her/him to learn more about gender issues, or when there is a gender grievance or harassment issue to resolve
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
JOB LEVEL SPECIFICATIONS
- Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
- Strong Interpersonal skills,
- Emotional maturity,
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity,
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
Academic qualification / Work experience- Minimum Diploma in Accounting with two Years’ experience preferably in a similar organization.
- Computer literate
- Proficiency in English and basic knowledge of the local language
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to:
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and application