Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The project is currently seeking qualified CCM/E Secretariat Administrative Assistant to provide administrative, office management and logistical planning support to the CCM/E Secretariat. Please see the criteria below for details:
The primary duties for this position are CCM/E general administration and logistical management for activities and office management.
Purpose of the position
To provide administrative, office management and logistical planning support to the CCM/E Secretariat and CCM activities within the following broad functions:
- Management of the CCM Secretariat office, administrative systems, filing systems, supplies, archives and back-ups, equipment and property.
- Routine administrative and logistical planning support to the CCM Secretariat Coordinator/Executive Secretary, CCM/E Technical Advisors, CCM/E Committees and Technical Working Groups (TWGs)/ Ad-hoc Task Teams, CCM/E Board, Global Fund missions and visiting delegations.
- Human Resource (HR) administration and management support to the CCM/E Secretariat Coordinator/ Executive Secretary.
- Administration and Logistics Management (including leading on the CCM/E Secretariat Administration systems and support to the CCM/E procurements)
- Support the coordination of the logistical and administrative arrangements for the writing of Ethiopia’s funding applications/requests to the Global Fund including the prior PR selection processes, stakeholder consultation meetings; and subsequent processes of coordinating responses to the Technical Review Panel (TRP) comments, Grant Negotiations/Making and Grant Signing/Launch events
- Administrative support to the CCM/E/EPHA Finance & Procurement department including financial administration, basic accounting (bookkeeping) and procurement function
- Documentation, record keeping and archiving of information from CCM/E activities, events and meetings
- Tracking changes in CCM membership and regularly updating the CCM Members’ & Ex-Officious’ contact details and Conflict of Interest Declaration Forms.
- Tracking CCM/E Members’ attendance at CCM Meetings, oversight field site visit activities; and informing CCM/E the Secretariat Executive Secretary of any required action as stipulated in the CCM Governance Manual.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Establish and regularly maintain a robust and fully functional CCM/E Administration Management, record-keeping and archiving system
- Participate in the development and support implementation of the CCM/E strategic plan and oversight plans, governance and operational manuals, and annual work plans.
- Participate in the CCM/E’s resource mobilization initiatives and supports the timely development and submission of CCM/E work plans and budgets annually
- Manage the routine functioning of the CCM/E Secretariat offices, including the maintenance of office equipment, furniture, supplies and communications (mail, phones, email, internet, website, etc.)
- Maintain a record of participation and/or attendance of CCM members and Alternates at all meetings, CCM/E oversight field visits; and inform the CCM/E Secretariat Executive Secretary where a member’s attendance does not conform to the requirements established in the CCM/E Governance Manual.
- Provide office administrative support to the CCM/E Secretariat Team
- Maintain the CCM/E Secretariat Diary and regularly update the CCM Calendar of scheduled meetings, events and activities
- Deliver documents and messages to their destinations within and outside of office premises
- Establish and keep a regularly updated database of contact addresses of all stakeholders for the CCM/E and business associates (including suppliers) for the CCM/E Secretariat
- Assist in maintaining records & files, scanning documents, disseminating and archiving CCM/E records and documentation
- Assist in preparing materials for the CCM/E Board meetings, produce records of meetings proceedings; review and edit reports for the CCM/E Board upon management requests
- Support the production of documents including reports, minutes, memos and letters as may be directed.
- Provide administrative support to ensure that the CCM/E Committees and Board recommendations, actions and decisions are implemented.
- Attend meetings, assist in recording and submitting minutes and other pertinent documents for approval
- Take minutes of the CCM/E Secretariat Team meetings
- Carry out additional tasks within the CCM/E’s mandate as may be requested by the CCM/E Executive Secretary and CCM/E Executive Committee from time to time.
Logistical Planning and Coordination Support
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the coordination of CCM/E activities, meetings, Technical Assistance, Global Fund and development partner delegations, and other CCM/E visitors.
- Provide/ and coordinate logistical support for the oversight field/site visits by CCM/E Oversight Committees and other CCM/E sponsored events.
- Assist in coordinating arrangements for capacity building training sessions; and other in-house and external events for the CCM/E Members and CCM/E Secretariat staff members.
- Organize travel, accommodation and subsistence arrangements for CCM/E Members, Secretariat staff and other external contacts for regional & international meetings, workshops and conferences
- Provide logistical support to various teams during the coordination process for the country’s grant funding request/application/proposal writing process.
- Organize and prepare logistics for all CCM meetings, retreats, trainings, and workshops under the guidance of the CCM Secretariat Executive Secretary.
CCM Documentation, Information and Communication
- Establish and maintain a proper archiving system both in electronic and paper form for the CCM/E.
- Monitor to ensure that the official CCM/E website is functional, interactive and regularly updated.
- Under guidance of the respective supervisors, maintain comprehensive archives (both electronic and paper copies) of documents and reports on all CCM/E events, meetings and activities for ready access by CCM/E Members, the Local Fund Agent (LFA), the Global Fund Secretariat and other key stakeholders.
- Assist in the distribution/circulation of CCM/E information bulletins, oversight briefs, newsletters, activity reports, annual reports and communication materials to stakeholders as directed.
- Monitor to ensure that the CCM/E documents and records are regularly & securely backed-up and archived as per Global Fund and CCM/E policy, guidelines and requirements
- Regularly update the CCM/E membership details, ensure that they are publicly available, and the Global Fund Secretariat is informed of any changes.
- Support the distribution of Global Fund guidelines and other necessary documents to CCM/E members and relevant stakeholders as directed
- Provide support for communication and information sharing as decided by the CCM/E and maintain communication channels (website, newsletter, email updates, etc.) with stakeholders and the public; as directed
Place Work :
- Dembel City Center, 8th Floor, Addis Ababa
Key qualifications and work experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration/Management, Office Administration/Management, Secretarial Studies and other related fields from a recognized University.
- A Masters’ Degree in any other related or relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ general work experience in a busy and multi-cultural environment; in a senior office reporting to the Managing Director/Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Secretary/Coordinator.
- At least 3 years’ experience in administration, office management, customer care, logistics, procurement, and bookkeeping in a reputable multi-donor and/or private sector organization in Ethiopia.
- Experience and skills in logistical planning and management
Core competences and skills
- Knowledge of modern office management and administration and customer care procedures is highly preferred;
- Excellent Administration and Office Management competencies and skills;
- Excellent administrative, organizational, coordination and logistical planning skills;
- Excellent oral/verbal and written communication skills;
- Good teamwork, interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to compile information, analyze data according to protocols, and prepare reports;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline & output-oriented environment while remaining calm and professional;
- Willingness to take and follow direct orders;
- Proficiency in English language skills; and
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software, digital media, web-based communication and internet tools.
How to Apply
To apply, please use the following link to submit your application: PSMEthiopiaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org Please specify the position title as the subject line in your application through and submit no later than August 22, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.