JOB TITLE: Central Coordinator – Impact of COVID-19 on Immunization Survey
LOCATION: Country Office, Addis Ababa
REQUIRED NUMBER: 1
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT : Contract for 6 Months
POSITION SUMMARY :
Under the supervision of the Project Lead, and in close collaboration with the Project technical working group (TWG) and other teams, the Central Coordinator will support all aspects of the project, including protocol institution review board approval, project implementation, and maintenance of project files. S/he will assist with recruiting, training, and supervision of field team; understand and adhere to the protocol, standard operation procedures (SOPs), and other appropriate regulations, procedures and policies; assist in drafting and revising SOPs and training manuals, as needed; ensure that staff maintain confidentiality of study participants and adhere to principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ethics of human subjects research; conduct frequent field visits to ensure timely recruitment of participants, collection of high quality data; and liaise with, support, and coordinate with outside contractors to ensure timely completion of contracted scopes of work while adhering to GCP and protection of human subjects research.
· Provide overall day to day field coordination and management to ensure field activities are well coordinated and implemented as planned;
- Provide technical support to field teams and ensure the rollout and maintenance of high quality data collection, and reporting;
- Coordinate the development and validation of standard operation procedures (SOPs), guidelines and relevant tools to standardize survey approaches.
- Assist with recruiting, training and supervision of field staff and assist with training and capacity building
- Understand and adhere to protocol, SOPs, regulations, procedures & policies; assist in drafting SOPs & training manuals;
- Conduct frequent field visits to ensure timely recruitment of participants and collection of high quality data;
- Closely monitor and supervise project staff accountable to him/her;
- Ensure team members adhere to COVID-19 mitigation strategies at all times;
- Work with the COVID-19 focal person to coordinate to COVID-19 mitigation strategies
- Prepare progress and other reports and study documents; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- MPH/MSc in health related field of study;
· Five years of experience as a Survey Coordinator, including health surveys
- At least five years of experience coordinating health-related programs/projects;
- Experience supervising project teams;
- Demonstrated experience working in low-resource settings;
- Excellent computer skills (using different applications)
- Experienced in data management and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Travel to all regions of the country to support project implementation.
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – July 19, 2021