We are seeking a Chief of Party, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) to serve in Shire, Ethiopia . Are you looking for a project management career with kingdom impact? Your management experience, technical abilities, and knowledge of Emergency Response Programs will help you excel in this position. Join us today!
A day in the life of a Chief of Party, BHA:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Chief of Party , BHA , you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Directs and oversees the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all program goals are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Organizes and directs the work of program staff, providing supervision, training, and performance appraisals. Discerns, manages, and reports critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Ensures project activities comply with international and Samaritan’s Purse standards and meet USAID rules and regulations.
- Manages grant budget within approved spending levels, and provides accurate and timely financial reports to donors and appropriate Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia and International Headquarters staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation team.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience :
- Master’s degree (M.A.) in Disaster Relief, International Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of international emergency response experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) from 4-year college or university in Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team and cultivate a strong team spirit
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting of funds and financial activity
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Shire, Ethiopia
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.