With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Compiling and analyzing data, and related information on overall IDP, returnees and humanitarian crisis in the target area, with a specific focus on child protection/GBV, and prepare written inputs accordingly to inform effective program planning, development and management
- Undertakes regular protection service delivery for vulnerable women, girls and children to recover from the traumatized experiences caused by conflict and forced displacement.
- Collect information; identify problems and constraints in order to ensure effective project delivery.
- Facilitate training for various community groups on relevant topics of child protection and gender-based violence sector in partnership with civil society and government actors
- Monitor, analyses and evaluate project results to ensure achievement of objectives and take corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure application of standards, guidelines and good practices for children and women protection in emergency related activities
- Participate in meetings with relevant coordination forums, local authorities, other actors and donors to discuss and represent WVE’s work
Work Location : Sasiga Woreda reports to Wollega and Benishangul Gumuz CPO at Nekemte Office.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- List academic requirements (if applicable) , technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- University degree in social work, sociology, psychology, child protection, public health, etc. Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management is required Proven experience in designing and implementing child protection and GBV trainings to a variety of stakeholders. Knowledge and experience in application of international technical guidelines and standards in Child Protection.
- List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence. Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms.
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and the local language.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- List academic, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
- Direct case management and experience working with children, women and adolescents is an asset
- List additional work experience preferred for this position.
- Knowledge and experience on Gender Based Violence programming an asset. Knowledge of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Include travel & work environment details.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
Field-based in the IDP/ returnee Woredas
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only