- To provide overall coordination, implementation and reporting of Child protection and GBV related activities of the project in the intervention areas.
- Conduct identification assessment, planning, intervention and follow-up for professional case management in support of vulnerable children.
- Responsible to ensure socially and culturally relevant services for adolescents, GBV Survivors and vulnerable groups.
- Organize and provide guidance for community structures to provide GBV and child services in the IDPs, Returnee and host communities of the targeted districts.
- To implement, monitor & follow up and report of the UNHCR project in accordance with funding agreement and budget allocation made by Plan International Ethiopia’s Country Office and Program Area’s (PA).
- To assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities of UNHCR Project on Child protection and GBV Protection.
- Facilitate child protection and GBV project implementation in collaboration with Regional, Zonal and woreda government sectors, experts and provide reports on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to PIE PA and CO and all concerned bodies.
- Representing PIE in high profile different protection technical working meeting, cluster, level coordination meetings and other technical working group meeting as necessary.
- Responsible for establishment of CPGBV AoR in the target districts and follow up the monthly coordination meeting with concerned government sectors and other stakeholders.
- Follow up the proper tracking of the UNHCR project activities and ensure the expected outcomes and results are achieved.
- Lead the facilitation of periodic review meetings and community dialogues held with the government counter parts and other stakeholders.
- Identify and engage GBV survivors and vulnerable adolescents and young women in life skill trainings and peer to peer education.
Related to Program Design;
- Facilitate and collect baseline information and data from in line with Child protection and GBV and submit to PA and CP for further analysis.
- Contribute in preparation of annual plan, implementation and monitor project activities and ensure that program objectives and activities are in line with the context of PIE.
- Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning.
- Take a lead in organizing various trainings to community members, government stakeholders, beneficiaries and other stakeholders on different topics.
Related to Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Facilitate quality monitoring and joint supervision with concerned government sectors, PIE and donors and take timely action in consultation with sub office manager and child protection team and protection Coordinator and PIE.
- Manage and oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and tracking of work plans and budgets.
- Provide operational guidelines and procedures for use by all stakeholders in the project implementation districts.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- BA degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Public health, Child Development and other related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of humanitarian aid experience applied in emergency/recovery response operations preferably in the area of child protection and GBV program Activity.
- excellent knowledge of Child Protection and SGBV minimum standards and basic principles; Good knowledge of SGBV and Child Protection case management.
- Excellent knowledge of basic child protection and youth principles and child & adult development and learning.
- Good knowledge of donor grants and contract regulations.
- Ability to deliver quality programs in a desirable time and work under stressful conditions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
- Computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Gender sensitive.
- Proposal and report writing skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in September 9.2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link through
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.