Purpose of the position:
The emphasis of this position is coordinating the protection sector interventions, harmonizing different CP/GBV projects implemented across different geographical locations and facilitation of protection mainstreaming services into other sectors. The incumbent is mandated with spearheading initial assessment of CP and GBV risks in the operational areas of WVE using global methods, standards and tools and compile relevant data on vulnerability of children and women. Regularly attend protection cluster meetings and coordination platforms representing WVE, summarize periodic reports.
Major Responsibilities :
· Provide technical lead to CP/GBV coordinators and project officers in conducting protection risk assessment, detail activity planning and monitoring of interventions
· Coordinate effective delivery of individual and group psychological first aid/psychosocial support and mental health services to women and children affected by the conflict to enable them restore their safety, dignity and hope.
· Provide technical support for CP/GBV project coordinators designated to each cluster areas to ensure effective project implementation
· Closely work with sector specialists and facilitate mainstreaming of protection elements in each sector
· Actively participate in weekly, bi-weekly and monthly cluster meetings as it applies to representing WVE contribute to visibility and advocacy efforts
· Ensure application of standards, guidelines and good practices for children and women protection in emergency related activities
· Regularly prepare periodic reports and updates and send to WVE's HO
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Qualification required :
· BA degree in social work, sociology, Psychology or other relevant fields.
Required Professional Experience :
· At least three years relevant experience in child protection, Gender-based violence, MHPSS and related areas
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Knowledge and experience on humanitarian response programming is an asset.
· Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated emergency responses including MHPSS, CP and GBV.
· Awareness or interest in community-based protection mechanism.
· Direct case management and experience working with children, women and adolescents is an asset.
· Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
· Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated emergency responses including MHPSS, CP and GBV
Working Environment / Conditions:Office based with frequent travel to the project sites
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to attach Current CV with three references following the link https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Child-protection-and-GBV-Prevention-specialist_R3978?q=Ethiopia
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies