Child Protection Officer - (210001C8)
External Vacancy Advertisement
Position - Child Protection Officer
The Child Protection Officer is responsible for day to day implementation of project activities. He/She will ensure access to protection services for child and youth on the move. He/she will be responsible for quality and effective implementation of the project activities at woreda level; provide technical support to government partners, stakeholder and SC project staff; organize and facilitate capacity building training workshops for partners, stakeholders and SC staff; participate on various assessments including stakeholder mapping, base line and end line assessment; monitor government partners and SC implemented activities and discuss on success and problems.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Reporting
- In collaboration with government stakeholders prepare detail annual and quarters action plan and ensure the implementation
- Provide follow-up and technical support for stakeholders and community facilitators
- Ensure preparation of timely and quality quarterly and annual project progress reports on the prepared format
- Facilitate and ensure the involvement of children as primary stakeholders in all project work
Coordination and Management of Projects Implementation
- Foster collaborative environment and team spirit among stakeholders and project staffs
- Ensure the project is implemented in a ways responsive to the community, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan
- Provide guidance and technical support to Woreda Women and Children Offices
- Plan and facilitate regularly scheduled reviews of project with stakeholders
- Closely work with stakeholders in the course of project planning and implementation
- Conduct regular monitoring visits, support stakeholders at the project sites and prepare reports for documentation and follow-up actions
Supervision and Monitoring
- In close collaboration with the Child Protection Program Coordinator and government stakeholders, maintain strong supervision and monitoring system to measure achievement and progress toward the project objectives and expected outcomes and manage the performance of intervention areas
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of the planned project activities implementation
- Strengthen participatory and collaborative supervision and monitoring system
- Document and share key lessons, case stories and program achievements for shared learning
Staff Management and Mentorship
- Ensure that project staff, Community Facilitators, volunteers and stakeholders, understand and are able to perform their role based on the project objectives and expected outcomes
- In close collaboration with the Child Protection Program Coordinator, provide leadership and manage the performance of intervention areas
- In collaboration with the Project staff and government stakeholders staff, identify gaps and facilitate capacity building training and other support for government stakeholders and the community and other stakeholders
- Arrange experience sharing media among beneficiaries and other stakeholders
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BA degree or College Diploma in sociology or related fields.
- Recommended a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a corporate or NGO environment, preferably with experience in community based child protection programme management experience
- Very good conceptual understanding of the job
- Fluency in English/ verbal and written
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Fluency in Amharic language required
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Gendewuha/Metema. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.