- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Child Protection Officer
Within the framework of the project “Sustainable reintegration of vulnerable returnee children in eight woredas in North Wollo Zone (Amhara Region) and East Hararghe Zone (Oromiya Region), Ethiopia”, Save the Children proposes a comprehensive intervention including community mobilization, direct service provision, capacity building and multi-sectoral approach to ensure the protection and sustainable reintegration of unaccompanied returnee children and youth in four Woredas of East Hararghe.
· Be responsible for protection and access to services for vulnerable children and ensure quality and effective implementation of the project activities;
· provide technical support to government partners, stakeholder and SC project staff; organize and facilitate capacity building training workshops for partners, stakeholders and SC staff; participate on base line and end line assessment ;
· monitor government partners and SC implemented activities and discuss on success and problems.
· Be responsible to promote Children’s rights based on SCI’s vision, mission, and values; providing technical support to the implementation of CP activities;
· contributing for the achievement of Save the Children country strategy plan’s objectives;
· be responsible to contribute for the development of different child protection project proposal and reference materials;
· follow up the suitable budget utilization of the projects; represent SCI at external forums/meetings as required in consultation with Child Protection project Manager/Coordinator.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning and Reporting:
· In close collaboration with woreda Women and Children offices prepare annual and quarters action plan and ensures timely submission at the respective woredas.
· Provide follow-up and technical support for woreda women and Children office ensure preparation of timely and quality quarterly and annual project progress reports on the prepared formats
· Compile monthly, quarterly, Bi-annual, annual plan and reports at the respective woreda level and ensures timely submission for Child Protection Project Manager/Coordinator.
· Prepare compiled monthly, quarterly and annual plan and report of the project for relevant government bodies at their respective woreda level and ensures timely submission in consultation with immediate supervisor
Coordination and Management of Projects Implementation
· Ensure the project is implemented in aways responsive to stakeholders, the community, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children.
· compliance procedures and provide guidance and technical support to Woreda Women and Children Offices.
· Ensures integration of activities of government stakeholders and the project and strengthen collaboration at woreda level.
· Identify gaps and provide technical and capacity building support for all stakeholders and Woreda Women and Children office.
· In close collaboration with the Child Protection Project Manager/Coordinator, Women and Children office, Labor and Social Affairs and other government stakeholders, facilitate on time implementation of the project activities based on the action plan and ensure implementation quality
· Ensure active participation of women, children and other stakeholders in the project activities implementation
Supervision and Monitoring
· In collaboration with the Child Protection Project Manager/Coordinator and government stakeholders, maintain strong supervision and monitoring system to measure achievement and progress toward the project objectives and expected outcomes
· Conduct monitoring and supervision of the planned project activities implementation and provide technical support to Woreda offices and intervention areas to improve activities implementation quality
· Strengthen participatory and collaborative supervision and monitoring system including active participation of children and women
Staff Management and Mentorship
· Strengthen team spirit and team work
· Ensure that project staff, Community Facilitators, volunteers and stakeholders, understand and are able to perform their role based on the project objectives and expected outcomes
· In collaboration with the Child Protection Project Manager/Coordinator, facilitate the assignments of consultants as appropriate.
· In close collaboration with the Child Protection Project Manager/Coordinator, provide leadership and manage the performance of intervention woredas. Capacity Building
· In collaboration with the Project staff and government stakeholders staff, identify gaps and facilitate capacity building training and other support for government stakeholders and the community and other stakeholders
· Arrange experience sharing media among beneficiaries and other stakeholders
· Ensure that the required appropriate technical support is provided for all government structures on time and strengthen team spirit and collaborative work
· BA degree or College Diploma in sociology or related fields.
· A minimum of two years of experience for BA or four years for Diploma in working in related project
· Fluency in Afan Oromo and English/ verbal and written
· Very good conceptual understanding of the job
· Strong interpersonal skill and customer handling
· Very good skill in communication
· Commitment to Save the Children values
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
SC Values are: Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases:
Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
· Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
· Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
· Developing Self and Others : Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realize their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further.
Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
· Problem solving and decision making : Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
· Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The Organisation
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en# and Apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy