- Implement the proper triage of patients presenting to clinics
- Provide quality ante-natal, post-natal and newborn care in line with MOHS protocols
- Assist Medical Doctor/Clinic manager in giving appropriate medical care to the patients according to MOHS and SP protocols
- Educate a patient about the clinical condition that he/she suffered and explain the possible side effect of medications
- Administer and dispense drugs as prescribed by the Medical Doctor and ensure the patient is clear on how to take the medication (correct dosage/frequency and duration)
- Ensure the clinic environment clean and patient friendly
- English , Amharic and Local language required.
- Perform wound management and assist in minor procedure if needed
- Strictly follow universal precaution, infection control principles and sterilization of surgical instruments.
Record keeping and medical supplies management
- Record the drugs dispensed to every patient in daily consumption register/record book
- Complete and keep proper medical records and registers
- Manage stock of drugs and PHC clinic commodities
- Ensure not to stock out of drugs at the clinic by the collaboration with medical doctors and medical supply chain officer
- Assist Medical Doctor/Clinic Manager (Team Leader) to manage clinic database including data compilation, entry and reporting
Capacity building of the Community Volunteers
- Coordinate with Medical doctor, Clinic Manager, Community Health Manager and Community Health Officer to provide competency based capacity building training for community volunteers
- Support on the job training and coaching to community volunteers by Community health Team
- Assist Medical Doctor in supervising clinic guard, translators and community health workers
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct data entry at clinic level:
- Support Medical Doctors in entering patient consultation data onto tablets and in hard copy to patient record books
- In collaboration with medical doctors, collate information on relevant morbidities into daily State health Department reports
- Prepare and report weekly and monthly EWARS reports and MUAC screening report as needed
- Coordinate with program support teams to implement project activities in time
- Assist medical doctor/clinic manager to provide procurement documents in advance as needed
- In collaboration with other members of the health project team, participate in the design and implementation of formative assessments and baseline studies in order to identify health priorities and practices among the IDP and community
- Assist Medical Doctor/ Clinic Manager for establishing diseases surveillance system and outbreak response as needed
- Remain flexible to perform other duties as required or requested
Licensed Nurse with Bachelor of Nursing or diploma of nursing. Must have valid Nurse Registration document.
Work experience and skills required to fulfill
- At least 2 years’ experience of primary health care settings after graduation
- Favorable to person with experience on medical response to disaster area, surveillance and control of communicable diseases in disaster area.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of conflicted-affected populations.
- Adaptable, flexible and mature in judgment.
- Good assessment, analytical, planning and reporting skills.
- Understanding of medical ethic and patient education.
- Have ability and motivation to travel by boat and work long continuous days in remote villages in Rakhine costal region.
- Skilled in community mobilization, facilitation and health promotion
- Experience on using Microsoft Office package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages and application letter (one Page only) no later than May 28, 2021 to [email protected] . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Clinical nurse''.