Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA ) is an indigenous National Non-governmental, Non-political and not for profit humanitarian organization working in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention, care treatment and support services. MENA is now in the process of recruiting employees for its USAID MULU KP Activity sub granted from PSI/Ethiopia to be implemented in Addis Ababa; thus invites competent candidates to apply on the post of Clinical Nurse (HIV testing Counsellor).
Major Duties /job summary
- Ensure services provided at DIC are confidential, and meet the standard set by the project
- Coordinate and provide STI screening and treatment services for project beneficiaries at DICs
- Provide HIV counseling for target beneficiaries
- Provide ICS (HIV testing, STI,FP and condom at the center or organize regular mobile HCT
- Provide risk reduction counseling to DIC beneficiaries
- Provide successful referral services to network health facilities
- Ensure IEC materials and condoms are kept at accessible places at the DIC
- Support women and girls to adjust attitudes and behaviors through counseling services
- Make regular referrals to health centers for ART, TB, GBV, Rape cases, and other complications.
- Take part in facilitating coordination of the peer education trainings
- Ensure that DICs have enough stocks (equipment, detergents, prevention commodities,…) and request such materials in advance
- Document clinical services, counseling efforts and referral cases confidentially
- Advise the center coordinator possible improvements of drop in center services
- Provide late hour, holiday and week end prevention and clinical services to DIC beneficiaries
- Prepare monthly/quarterly report to the center coordinator about progress, challenges, and any other issues pertaining to his/her duties
- Organize individual and group counseling for FSWs
- Organize and facilitate awareness raising sessions on PMTCT, VCT, ART and condom promotion for FSWs
Term of Employment
One year with possible extension based on availability of funds
- Diploma or Bachelor science degree (BSc) in Clinical Nursing from a recognized institution, Plus COC Certificate.
- 4 years of experience in relevant work with especial attention to hands-on experience on chronic care and treatment program at least for two years
- Recent comprehensive ART training is mandatory
- Computer application skill
- Communications skills
- Fluency in English and local languages
- Knowledge of combination prevention and other trainings related to HIV, TB and nutrition will be a plus
How to Apply
Those candidates who fulfill the above criteria could send only their updated Curriculum vitae (CV) no longer than 3 pages and 1 page motivation letter within 5 consecutive days from the date of this announcement on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or ethiojobs.net
Submit in person to the head office (located to in front of Sanford International School), P.O.Box 31218 A.A Contact address: – Tel. 0111228843/44/45
Note : Only successful candidates will be contacted for written exam and interview and those who can start job immediately will have advantage.
MENA has the right to cancel the announcement if believed to unnecessary to host any position.