Organizational and Program highlights
Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA) is registered non-governmental organization. MENA has been funded by USAID Ethiopia under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program in Addis Ababa. The Program will be implemented by MENA in partnership with different local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity implementation areas are selected from A.A town 10 Sub Cities.
The purpose of this award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV to initiate antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of antiretroviral therapy clients achieve viral load suppression by 2020. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case discovery and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
Number of Position: 4
Term of Employment one year with possible extension based on availability of funds
Major Duties /job summary
- Ensure services provided at DIC are confidential, and meet the standard set by the project
- Coordinate and provide STI screening and treatment services for project beneficiaries at DICs
- Provide HIV counseling for target beneficiaries
- Provide ICS (HIV testing, STI, FP and condom at the center or organize regular mobile HCT
- Provide risk reduction counseling to DIC beneficiaries
- Provide successful referral services to network health facilities
- Ensure IEC materials and condoms are kept at accessible places at the DIC
- Support women and girls to adjust attitudes and behaviors through counseling services
- Make regular referrals to health centers for ART, TB, GBV, Rape cases, and other complications.
- Take part in facilitating coordination of the peer education trainings
- Ensure that DICs have enough stocks (equipment, detergents, prevention commodities,) and request such materials in advance
- Document clinical services, counseling efforts and referral cases confidentially
- Advise the center coordinator possible improvements of drop in center services
- Provide late hour, holiday and week end prevention and clinical services to DIC beneficiaries
- Prepare monthly/quarterly report to the center coordinator about progress, challenges, and any other issues pertaining to his/her duties
- Organize individual and group counseling for FSWs
- Organize and facilitate awareness raising sessions on PMTCT, VCT, ART and condom promotion for FSWs
- Diploma or Bachelor science degree (BSc) in Clinical Nursing from a recognized institution, Plus COC Certificate.
- 4 years of experience in relevant work with especial attention to hands-on experience on chronic care and treatment program at least for two years
- Recent comprehensive ART training is mandatory
- Computer application skill
- Communications skills
- Fluency in English and local languages
- Knowledge of combination prevention and other trainings related to HIV, TB and nutrition will be a plus