Position: Clinical Officer -for support of Cluster of High Load Private HFs in Addis Ababa
Required Number: 4
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Reports to: Regional Director
The Clinical Officer for support of cluster of high load private HFs will provide technical assistance to the selected sites to enable them implement high quality comprehensive HIV care and treatment services. S/he will follow up the planning and updating the execution of planned activities of the selected facilities team. S/he will support with a focus on meeting the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals.
Under the supervision of ICAP Deputy Regional Director, the clinical officer for support of high load private HF will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Support the sites in planning, capacity building, implementation support and monitoring of intensified case identification, early ART initiation, adherence support and viral load monitoring.
· Provide scheduled supervision/mentoring and support to the MDT to improve case detection, linkage, ART initiation and VLM.
· Ensure documentation at each of SDP providing targeted HIV testing and HIV care and treatment.
· Ensure optimal linkage of all identified positives for early ART initiation and enhanced counselling to improve adherence &retention as per the SOP.
· Ensure availability of SOP/GL/PST/M & E tools, provide orientation, and monitor its use.
· Ensure the HF monitors its supply for rapid HIV testing, ARV and OI drugs to maintain HIV testing and treatment services.
· Ensure HFs assignment of trained HCWs for provision of comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment.
· Support the site on TLD roll out and optimization of ART for children.
· Support implementation of TPT as per the GL in the region.
· Strengthen timely VL monitoring and improved result management.
· Ensure weekly monitoring of all high viral load results.
· Lead and organize HF level monthly PR on progress of case identification, linkage, early ART initiation, retention, VLM and viral suppression.
· Submit weekly/monthly reports to his/her supervisor on time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
· MD or HO/BSc Nurse; an additional degree in public health is an asset
· 2-3 years’ work experience working on HIV/AIDS care and treatment
· Experience as Clinical Mentor is highly preferred.
· Ability to establish and maintain teamwork
· Basic computer knowledge (MS office Plus)
· Proficiency in written and spoken English.
. Contract Duration: Three months’ contract -With possibility of extension
How to Apply
Interested candidates with the required qualification and experience are invited to submit application letters along with non-returnable CV online at (www.ethiojobs.net)
-Only online applications are received
-NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
-Closing date for receiving applications is-June 17.2019