Position Title: Clinical Service Advisor
Portfolio: Integrated Program
Function: Integrated Clinical Service
Department/Program: MULU KP
Reports to: IFI Manager
Direct Reports : N/A
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: 5 months
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale
Starting date : Immediately
Application Deadline: August 11, 2022
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non?profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants to reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a Clinical Service Advisor to ensure the implementation of Integrated Clinical Services (ICS) implementation at all sites, including performance achievement, maintaining the quality of the service through TA, coaching, and mentorship, and support sites to achieve given targets from the donor and ensure proper documentation of recording reporting tools.
Key Result Areas:
- Achieve target at the given time
- Productive TA, coaching, and mentorship to the sites in Addis Ababa
Sounds like you? Read on!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program delivery effectiveness (Achieve clinical targets on HIV positives identified, HTS, FP, and integration of services including STIs and HIV data analysis and action through private and public facilities; GBV clinical services are designed and rolled out in the context of a comprehensive response to GBV)
- Capacity building (accreditation standard for a network of providers in public, private and NGO-supported facilities; ICT/PNS/SNS, PrEP and HIVST
- Stakeholder engagement (RHB, Woreda Health Offices)
- Quality assurance/quality improvement
- Under the direction of the IFI Manager, oversee local implementing partners providing integrated clinical services and achieving targets, including HIV testing services, Test and Treat, STI diagnosis and treatment, TB screening and referral, sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence prevention, and response, and other services.
- Lead HIV self-testing community-based scale-up; network of private, public, worksite, and DICs for integrated and comprehensive services including fixed worksite facilities.
- Lead paper and electronic-based system and operation of USAID’s HIV Services for key and priority populations.
- Integrate USAID-supported HIV services and collaborate with other PSI and non-PSI initiatives to avail integrated SRH, NCD, and HIV services.
- Coordinate Data to Action (D2A) rollout at all levels to establish a decentralized data use for planning and decision making.
- Work with USAID community partners, FGAE confidential clinics, public facilities, and private facilities to ensure linkage outside of project treatment sites.
- Work with a team of integrated clinical services for compliance in meeting 95-95-95 goals.
- Oversee financial and operation management of LIPs, civil societies, and private/public/worksite facilities and to achieve the project goal of providing integrated and synergistic clinical service.
- Support standardization and accreditation of clinical private, public, and worksite facilities for QA.
- Coordinate commodity quantification forecast and distribution of network facilities in collaboration with the supply chain.
- Capacity building and support (e.g., the support provided to LIPs through TA for community staff; Scale-up community HIV self-test. coordinate training including; integrated clinical services, targeted case finding, HIVST, PrEP, BCC, ICT/PNS)
- Conduct ongoing quality assurance technical assistance for clinical and SBCC services in the community
- Facilitate training on tools and SBCC materials in reaching key and priority populations.
- Oversee and support the implementation of BCC through Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) and focal person for BCC deliverables at the regional office.
- Coordinate and oversee the provision of quality comprehensive services for key and priority populations at DIC, private, and public sectors facilities.
- Quality assurance and monitoring (e.g., integrated services QA score; supervision visits to LIPs; LIPs compliance rate; EQA and mentorship, BCC sessions)
- Conduct regular support and supervision visits to LIPs points of service and identifies areas for improvement.
- Ensure timely and quality submission of reports per national guidelines.
- Master’s degree in public health or related fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, MD or related fields with seven (7) years of demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience in HIV comprehensive services provision of which two years is in an integrated clinical network of services for Key and Priority Populations
- Preferable to have taken training in HTS and national standards
- Proficient in English and Amharic languages, both written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline August 11, 2022. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.