KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Makes sure that CMAM program is implemented according to the National protocol i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement,
· Makes sure that the health staff have adequate training on the management of acute malnutrition per national manual/protocol,
· Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats, therapeutic products and drugs for program implementation at health facility level.
· Facilitates the basic/refresher trainings, workshops, review meetings, community forums under the project
· Share training/meeting reports to project coordinator
· Conduct regular checklist based supportive supervision on targeted health facilities.
· Facilitate joint monitoring visits /joint supportive supervisions/ in integration with Woreda health office and zonal health department.
· Generates’ and share supervision reports and feedbacks to project coordinator, zonal/woreda health office and health facilities.
· Follow and ensures, action taken by all responsible parties on gaps identified during supervision,
· Supports and liaise with the woreda health office staffs and provide on the job training/coaching and capacity building where required,
· Working with the IYCF Officer, to ensure CMAM beneficiaries are referred to IYCF services when required.
· Coordinates the link of acute malnutrition cases with EOS/CBN/CHD/TSFP/PSNP and facilitates regular registration of Non-EOS beneficiaries and submits on monthly bases,
· Supports referral linkage of malnourished children of in between CMAM programs (OTP, SC and TSFP),
· Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies for each distribution, input in to creation and maintenance of a monthly distribution plan and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned with Nutrition project coordinator and logistics team,
· Undertake individual evaluations with the team and improve gaps,
· Creates and maintain smooth relationship with local health and other authorities and try to link CMAM program with the existing health service structure,
· Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
· Provides technical support and training where required to all team members, outreach team including health extension workers, HDAs and community volunteers,
· Works and liaise with any local health workers to integrate the CMAM program from the start,
· Plan and organise OTP/SFP at designated distribution sites in liaison with project coordinator,
· Organizes monthly report of SC/OTP/SFP/Community mobilization and report on time to the project coordinator and provide updates when needed,
· Provides a monthly over view of drug items, SFP materials and wet ration stocks supplied to beneficiaries,
· Manages the stock levels of therapeutic products, drugs and all other materials and alert the logistics in a timely manner as more materials are required,
· Collect, analyse and share data’s required for monitoring quality of CMAM programs based on SPHERE standards (average weight gain, average length of stay),
· Provides technical report on emergency health and nutrition for strengthening surveillance and public health emergency management.
· Participates in responses to public emergencies (disaster, outbreaks),Reports updates on humanitarian situations on implementation areas
· Reports any problems in a timely manner to the project coordinator,
· Control and facilitate vehicle movement within the project area in the field,
· Upholds the image and values of SC at all times,
· Performs other related tasks as required,
· Generate quality Nutrition response, case and success stories
· Abide to donor, organization and Governmental compliance issues without compromization.
Accepting additional role and responsibilities as assigned for best intrust of the beneficiaries
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
· BSC or Diploma in Nursing, Nutrition or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
· Minimum of three years working experience for BSc and four years’ experience for Diploma holders related to CMAM implementations.
· Knowledge, training and experience in CMAM and community mobilization/BCC
· Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
· Proficiency in spoken and written English and Local language
· Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours.
· Work experience in similar position is advantageous
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
· Having NGO or INGO work experiences are desired
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en