- Company: World Vision Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Welega
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - NGO Jobs in EthiopiaWorld Vision Jobs in Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia began its first intervention in Ethiopia in 1971 with relief and opened the Ethiopia office in 1975. Relief, rehabilitation and small community development projects dominated the decade that followed. During the 1984/85 drought, World Vision Ethiopia participated in a massive relief operation that saved the lives of millions of people.
- Supporting woredas and PHCU in planning and conducting nutrition screening activities;
- Ensuring existence of functional referral pathways and linkages between communities and HF and vice versa;
- Promoting the availability of services to which beneficiaries can be referred, training of staff in nutrition screening and referral services;
- Ensuring that HFs are equipped with minimum supplies needed for nutrition screening activities, (e.g. MUAC tapes, registration and reporting format, referral forms, guidelines etc.);
- Promoting and supporting community mobilization and sensitization activities towards nutrition screening program.
- Support and assist Woreda Health Offices and PHCUs in the piloting of Family MUAC approach.
- Implement and Provide technical support for TSFP (food distribution), Site preparation (IDPs), and mobilization of community, and nutritional screening for both host & IDPs
- Conduct regular supportive supervision and provide technical support on stabilization Center and Outpatient Therapeutic Program sites every week;
- Ensure linkage of OTP discharges, MAM children, and acutely Malnourished PLW to distribution of protection and TSF ration (If applicable);
- Print, laminate and Provide the necessary OTP/SC guide lines and protocols for running OTP/SC, photocopy for other related activities;
- Protect, promote and support Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) program in the health system, including health facilities with due emphasis on enhancing the availability and integration of IYCF counselling services.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form)
- Ensure the integration of IYCF to CMAM programming through strengthening of psychosocial & emotional sites & IYCF promotion & counseling;
Duration of the contract; 8months
Required Professional Experience
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Minimum five years working experience with NGOs in emergency health and nutrition programs;
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, And Certification
Master’s degree in public health or nutrition with clinical health background (degree in Public Health or Clinical Nursing) from accredited universities or health colleges
Knowledge on Red Cross/Red Crescent Code of Conduct, WV’s disaster management cycle and Sphere standards Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication Demonstrated skills in CMAM/IMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring. Experience in cascading family MUAC approach Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment. Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours, and out of assigned implementation area Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions; Excellent training and facilitation skills, and Negotiations skills Strong adherence to World Vision values; Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity; Prepared to live and work in an remote and uncertain security environment Fluent in oral and written English and Afan Oromo
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement: Willingness to work in SC centers
Applicant Types Accepted : Local Applicants Only