Job specific roles and responsibilities
· Perform any other activities based on Line manager’s assignment
· The staff should do all the responsibilities assign by the organization
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice )
· holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
· BSC/Diploma in Nurse/midwife and Public health
· Minimum four years working experience for BSC and six years’ experience for Diploma holders out of which two year experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition particularly SC
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Knowledge, training and experience in CMAM and community mobilization/BCC
· Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
· Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic, English and Local language.
· Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
Scope & complexity of decision making ( choose the appropriate description and delete the rest)
PERCENTAGE OF TRAVEL (Out of duty station if applicable) .
· 20% to Mubarak and Kadaduma
COMPETENCIES ( Choose the competency appropriate for the role and delete the other. 3-5 competency should be enough)
SC Values are: Accountability , Ambition , Collaboration , Creativity and Integrity . To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases ( this varies according to the position please consider the below as example)
· Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
Developing Self and Others : Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further.
· Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
Problem solving and decision making : Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
Innovating and Adapting : Develop and implement innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in an ever-changing uncertain work and global environment.
A pplyin g technical and professional expertise : Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation..
· Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
Networking : Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found athttps://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en