- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Science/Community
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Scope of work/job purpose:
The IRC will implement an emergency program which encompasses protection through immediate assistance in different region. Under the direct supervision of CWI Emergency Manager, the officer is responsible for support to all aspects of CWI emergency programming in Ethiopia. He/she will be based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to various field sites.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Conduct trainings on Gender Based Violence (GBV) response and prevention to government and non-government service providers and IRC front line workers based on field sites needs’, requests and scheduling.
- Develop or contextualize when necessary to GBV, and Ethiopian law manuals, guidelines and tools based on the need of CWI programming.
- Provide support in project planning and implementation of emergency projects including facilitating Government agreement signing, reporting writing and monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Provide continuous support for field staff on issues that are related to GBV prevention and response activities and Ethiopian law.
- Support the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Compile mass awareness raising reports of all field sites and write CWI annual report, and follow up on printing of the document.
- Coordinate and organize CWI workshops and trainings including prepare TOR, facilitate procurement requests, and follow up on the timely implementation.
- Develop CWI communication materials (brochures, leaflets), training guidelines, etc. as needed.
- Provide timely and quality inputs to project proposals including budgeting and support in preparation of quality donor reports.
- Establish good partnership with different actors including schools and provide technical support.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make appropriate recommendations to CWI manager and CWI field team as needed.
- Assist with all aspects of program implementation in emergency and various field sites and provide operational support (i.e., HR & Admin., Finance, Logistics) in both Addis and field sites, including facilitating procurement requests, following up on PR tracking, etc.
- Support in prevention program activity design of effective community outreach and engagement strategies to strengthen the protective environment for women and girls and maximize the community impact including engaging men and boys.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including in assessments and surveys.
- Any other duties and responsibilities including field visits to other field offices that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors.
- First degree with 2 years of experience in Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Women’s Studies, or any other Social science related field. Or diploma with 5 years of experience. 1 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Related work and field experiences in counseling or social service provision with women and adolescent girls.
- Demonstrated confidence in discussing intimate gender and sexuality issues.
- Able to maintain GBV and protection principles at all times – including knowledge and practical application of the GBV Guiding Principles and PSEA.
- Familiarity working in the region is an advantage.
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills
- Technical and report writing skills
- Computer literate (ability to use MS office, word, excel, and outlook email applications very well)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here (External applicants) Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here (Internal applicants) Closing Date : 10 July. 2021 Please include 3 references from current and former employers. Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits. Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.