Purpose of the position:
The R2G ( Right to Grow )consortium manager is responsible to ensure an integrated, holistic approach in the R2G project implementation with specific focus on consortium and local partners and engagement of Government stakeholders at the national and regional levels in the achievement of project outcomes based at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, World Vision Ethiopia Head Office. As a critical and multifaceted role, ensure collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork among Partners and make sure that planned activities and resource utilization executed in accountable and timely manner. Lead in the resolution, planning, and development of new, additional, and or substitute approved activities when necessary and as the need arises in consultation with Program Technical Head and WVNL/THP global lead. The manager will liaise and network with various organizations implementing on nutrition and WASH in Ethiopia to influence the similar Foreign affairs of the Dutch Government and other donors funded projects in the R2G intervention regions, Government Officials and representatives and local media outlets (print, broadcast and online). Equally, the consortium manager is expected to play a critical role in strengthening partnerships, coordination and compliance through development of tools and processes to track performance of consortium members with focus on resource utilization, burn rate and financial management
Major Responsibilities :
Partnerships, coordination and compliance
· Develop tools to effectively track and coordinate progress as per DIP with consortium and implementing partners the execution of milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables for the project;
· Monitor resource Utilization / burn rate monitoring. In close coordination with the Finance Manager, nutrition specialist, Sanitation and hygiene manager, develop, design, implement, and manage tools and reports related to resource utilization and overall consortium burn rate monitoring that will strictly accomplish program and financial targets;
· Ensure burn-rate report issues discuss with nutrition and Sanitation & Hygiene managers, consortium Partners, reported to management and addressed.
· Facilitate meetings among Partners to discuss status of activities and review burn rates;
· Ensure on time submission of high quality reports. Assist WVNL Core Team to monitor compliance and ensure WV responds professionally to all compliance and audit issues, follow-up on audit findings and evaluation recommendations;
· Learn Donor requirements and support Finance and WVNL Core team to ensure compliance to donor requirements.
· Sensitize and orientate team leads across the consortia on the tools developed to track execution of milestones, compliance, timelines etc.
· Prepare and share with ILaNS TP Head and WASH operation director regular monthly and quarterly reports on partner performance and signal any significant delays, bottlenecks, deviations from planned activities that impact implementation as per approved donor plans.
In close coordination with the TP Head and the R2G project managers, lead the development, design and implementation of a robust component specific sustainability and exit strategy for the project
Representation and Government Stakeholder Engagement
· Act as a focal point, liaise and network with various Government stakeholders including but not limited to: MOH, MOA, MOE, WAYC Affair and MOF and Academia and research institutions;
· Share plans and progress on R2G project implementation, align with Government initiatives, seek formal permissions as mandated and generally synchronize R2G project closely with Government across the Regional, Zonal, and District level;
· Formally represent R2G project along with MOH (the food and nutrition council agency and hygiene and environmental directorate) and Water, Irrigation and Energy (WIE) at Government coordination meetings at National, Regional and below;
· Serve as focal point for stakeholder coordination in national and respective regions.
· Host information-sharing meetings for representatives of Government, NGO and other institutions and development maps and matrixes to keep track of “who’s doing what, where”.
· Represent R2G project whenever necessary at Global, National, Regional and lower levels.
· Proactively engage with relevant Government stakeholders through meetings, courtesy calls, events (both external and WVE R2G project led) and consistently invest efforts in building fruitful relationships using innovative and creative pathways.
· Mitigate and proactively work to diffuse any challenges in working with Government at the Regional, Zonal/Woreda and sub Woreda levels.
· Replicate best practices in engaging with Government across the country;
· Facilitate and organize field visits, exposure visits for external and internal partners and Government Officials to show R2G project activities on ground strengthen existing working relationships and pro-actively promote a greater Government sense of ownership of project activities after phaseout.
· Work closely with Senior Advisor Government Liaison, Head of Policy and Research and consortium members to ensure multi-sectoral coordination is developed and executed as planned.
Program execution and management
· Ensure the R2G project staffing and any arrangements are well organized and aligned with WVE P&C policy, standard/quality and assigned timely;
· Ensure the R2G project DIP is well prepared, revise contextually and execute in standard/quality and timely;
· Manage both physical and financial execution of country lead activities as a consortium lead;
· Monitor closely the R2G interventions execution in physical and financial, identify challenges and provide timely feedback and support;
· Ensure availability and applicability of conflict sensitivity protective and management measures across the consortium members and WVE implementation sites;
· Establish a platform to get technical inputs both from TPs and technical staffs with LOE; to have regular engagement with global and national external consortium members, local partner and as well as internal units.
Leadership, Knowledge management and documentation
· Lead the Advocacy and knowledge management across the consortium implementation;
· Organize and coordinate the development of advocacy statements based on the CVA taskforce learnings on nutrition and WASH at field;
· Ensure the R2G project knowledge is properly compiled, documented and disseminated across the consortium members both locally and internationally;
· Facilitate and ensure the R2G project knowledge are well reflected on GO-NGO forums and Gov’t platforms;
· Observe and coordinate the designing, implementation progress and M&E of WVE’s R2G project;
· Monitor and coach performance of communication and advocacy specialist and MEAL coordinator;
· Facilitate to identifying, analysis, document and share knowledge and learnings generated from the consortium partners and WVE itself
External engagement with R2G partners, advisories (CCRDA and EKN
· Pro-actively establish formal and informal partnership with R2G project implementers in R2G area of Influence to align activities and identify opportunities to leverage resources and collaborate.
· Develop and implement a clear plan on R2G project collaboration on ground and report quarterly to TP head, WASH operation division director and WVNL R2G project responsible person.
· Establish working relationships and MoU’s with Local partners and other relevant institutions to promote joint thinking on issues related to Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and other sectors.
· Revise and execute R2G project media engagement strategy and outreach efforts at the Regional, Zonal/Woreda and sub- Woreda levels;
· In consultation with consortium members facilitate ‘media tours’ to R2G project working areas to amplify results and impact, advocacy, highlight a close working relationship with Government representatives and structures
· Develop a strategy for and implement capacity-building trainings that will improve performance and strengthen partnership across the consortia
· Master’s degree and above in advocacy and Public Policy, Development or Social Science studies/leadership, WASH and Health, Nutrition, Environmental health and other related educational background and relevant trainings/certifications.
· Minimum eight years’ experience at the managerial level working on similar Consortium management and other health, nutrition and WASH projects in INGOs/NGOs or civil society organizations with similar portfolio;
· Demonstrated experience, practical knowledge and skill on local level advocacy for enhancing social accountability and influencing policy for improvement of nutrition and WASH service delivery;
· Demonstrated excellent understanding of Government of Ethiopia policies and facility to engage effectively between different government and non- government stakeholders.
· Proven ability exercise sound independent judgment and discretion in advising on and handling major issues and problems in consortium members;
· Experience with Foreign Affairs Gov’ts funded project work;
· Have technical and managerial skill on consortium management and development trainings like leadership, good governance, and or advocacy etc…
· Have adequate experience on knowledge management and documentation;
· Broad understanding of Government of Ethiopia Nutrition policy landscape, WASH policy and Strategy and internal mechanisms;
· Sound knowledge and experience of nutrition/health/food/WASH security programming and its challenges;
· Rapid assessment, situational analysis and decision-making skills
· Skills on resource and team management
· Excellent skills on dealing with local people/beneficiaries/authorities
· Ability to work comfortably with divisional and district government authorities
· Optimum level of interpersonal skills to keep up internal and external harmonious working relation
· Quick learner with ability to think strategically and creatively
· Excellent ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Federal language/s
· Proficient computer literacy using of Microsoft Office Microsoft Word, Excel & MS PPT
Working Environment / Conditions:
· The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."