Youth Network for Sustainable Development (YNSD) is a non-governmental, non-profit making indigenous organization founded in 2003 by four school clubs and fifteen youth associations with a vision to see Ethiopian youth holistically empowered and meaningfully engaged in the country’s all-rounded and sustainable development. YNSD strives to contribute to sustainable development through forging and promoting partnership and networking and building the capacity of its member organizations. Currently, YNSD is an umbrella network of more than 160 youth organizations/associations operating at the national level.
The core values and principles of YNSD among others include; Democratic ethos, openness impact oriented, creating enabling environment for member organizations, transparency solidarity, diversity, and gender equality.
To realize its vision, YNSD currently focuses on implementing seven core programs: Youth and Women Empowerment; Information and Communication Technology (ICT); Health and HIV and AIDS and Environment specifically focusing on climate change; advocacy work involving the promotion of good governance and advancement of human rights; water sanitation and hygiene; and new emerging issues, such as youth unemployment, illegal youth migration, etc. However, YNSD sign a memorandum of understanding with MINISTRY OF WOMEN, CHILDREN AND YOUTH (MoWCY) to confirm their commitment to jointly develop a national youth information system (YMIS)
The objective of this consultancy is to develop the national youth management information system, which will serve as hub for data to be gathered from ten regional bureaus, two administration, respective zonal and woreda office and federal level institution. The National Youth management Database (NYMD) will collects information on youth, including sex, date of birth, profession and current job status. It helps to easily access the information of a youth at national level
The expertise we are seeking
- Management information system expert
- Data base expert
- A degree/masters in computer science, Educational Technology, Management information system or a related degree or qualification
- Minimum of Ten years of experience in system development and testing
- Strong knowledge of technology and developments in the field of Database
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing National Youth Management Database or Course Management System (CMS)
- Ability to manage time efficiently, effectively handle multiple tasks and competing priorities, as well as meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of, and experience working with MoWCY, Woredas , City administration and Federal Level institution’s
How to Apply
Potential consultants are invited to collect TOR free of charge from our office or through one of the below email addresses and submit within 8 working days after this announcement is made!
YNSD’s office is located at CMC area (around CMC square), Bole Sub-City, Golgotha Tower 4 th floor Telephone: •+251-11- 553 4141/011 553 4573