Ethiopia, the second most populous country in Africa with above 100 million population, has one of the highest burdens of visual impairment worldwide. Despite this huge burden, there are no adequate eye care services in most parts of Ethiopia and those existing are unsustainable disease focused vertical programs with no or limited integration with the wider health system.
Eyu Ethiopia (EE) a non–profit organization established to address this gap by reducing the burden of avoidable blindness in Ethiopia through research, training and integrated community-based service delivery. The annual budget of Eyu-Ethiopia for the year 2021 is about 7 million Ethiopian Birr. Its anticipated that its budget will increase by two-fold in the coming five consecutive years.
Eyu-Ethiopia is registered as a local charity organization by the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Agency for Civil Society Organizations in accordance with the Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No 1113/2019 on June 11, 2019 with the registration number 4209.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to support the development of Eyu-Ethiopia’s five-year Strategic Plan (2022-2026).
- Produce Eyu-Ethiopia’s five years strategic plan aligned with its partners and Ethiopia’s national eye health strategic plan (2022-2026) and mainstreamed with gender equity and disability inclusion approaches.
- Facilitate strategic plan consultation meetings and validation workshop with Eyu-Ethiopia and its key stakeholders.
You can get full detail of the ToR from the link below
At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of Project Management, Public Health, Economics, and Development Studies.
- At least five years professional experience in health care strategic planning
- Demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs especially in the area of health
- Evidence of work experience of developing strategic plan for health care non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and preferably eye health NGOs.
- Experience in healthcare research, healthcare system development and leadership, designing organizational capacity assessment tools, and other programming related work
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent English writing skill with high level ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Result-oriented, team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/ meeting and workshops
- Appropriate knowledge and skills in gender and disability issues
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with people in a multi-cultural environment
- Specialization in monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and support
How to Apply
Applications must include all of the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the of the highest-level educational qualification certificate
- PDF version of one of their most recent strategic plans developed for heath sector NGO
- Letter of acknowledgment/appreciation given for strategic development from a health sector NGO
- Copy of renewed consultancy and trade license
- Evidence of most recent government tax payments
- Detailed technical and financial proposal shall be submitted separately
Applications should reach us by 30 th September 2021 5.30pm local time. Applications submitted after this date and time would not be accepted.