Position Title: Corporate Communications and PR Coordinator
Department/Program: Corporate Communications and PR
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Communications and PR
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI Ethiopia staff benefits.
Application Deadline: November 6, 2020
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non?profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a Charismatic Corporate Communications and PR Coordinator to effectively reach the target groups/stakeholders of PSI Ethiopia in creating a self-sustaining market by implementing integrated corporate communication and public relation plan, strategy, and programs.
Key Result Areas:
- Communication and public relation programs management (e.g. events, media advertising)
- Communication and promotional materials design and preparation (e.g. website)
- Digital marketing (e.g. e-marketing campaigns, e-newsletter)
Sounds like you? Read on!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work under the supervision of the Corporate Communications and PR Manager. More specifically, you will:
- Support the development and implementation of an integrated marketing communications and public relations programs comprising media advertising, publicity programs, events and other elements and track their effectiveness.
- Translate creative briefs into advertising campaigns, media placement and purchasing, packaging art, website content, and track effectiveness of campaigns and align campaigns with product and brand goals.
- Develop the contents of the PSI Ethiopia’s website.
- Assist the creation and implementation of digital marketing strategy.
- Support the preparation of draft PSI Ethiopia’s social media strategy and policies that capitalize on publicity opportunities via social media channels and submit to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Undertake e-marketing campaigns, including producing, writing, and distributing PSI Ethiopia’s e-newsletters and suggest other best e-commerce initiatives.
- Develop contents of marketing communication and promotional messages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Management, Business Administration, or related fields with five (5) years of experience
- Experience working with communication or marketing company or organization.
- Proficient in English and Amharic languages, both written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline November 6, 2020 We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.