Position Title: Counseling Officer- AYSRH
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Based in: Mekelle
Duration of contract: Three months
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non?profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a Short term Counselors who have clinical background and detail experience in adolescent and youth SRH programs to support the design work of in-school Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) program during prototype/solution testing with girls and other stakeholders in Mekelle 3 months until the design is complete (i) Conducting in school/out of school counselling; (ii) Keep track of records of girls counselled and generating insights and report to the design team; (iii) Facilitate or resolve challenges that adolescents may face while accessing SRH services.
Key Result Areas:
- In school/out of school counselling
- Track records of and follow up students counselled
- Capture data with the monitoring and evaluation tools
Sounds like you? Read on!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide counselling for girls based on the guidelines and tools to be provided
- Provide Family Planning (FP) service to adolescents with needs
- Keep records of girls counselled and generate insights and report to the design team
- Facilitate or resolve challenges that adolescents may face while accessing SRH services . i.e. walking the journey with them.
- Test different prototypes with different stakeholders (parents, brothers, etc)
- Maintain a positive relationship with different stakeholders (students, teachers, principals, service providers etc).
- Ensure compliance with government, donor, and PSI rules, regulations, and procedures.
What are we looking for? The basics
- BSc/Diploma in Nursing with a renewed license for clinical practice
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in SRH related counseling and FP service provision
- Experience in working with adolescent and youth SRH programs
What would get us excited?
- Youth-friendly service provision experience is a plus
- · Flexibility and opens to new learning are highly desired.
- Excellent listening and observation skill
- Proficient in English, Tigrigna, and Amharic both written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to [email protected] clearly mark “ Application for Counseling Officer- AYSRH Position ” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline October 30, 2020 We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.