We are seeking to appoint a full-time data manager to be based in Addis Ababa, St. Paul Millennium Medical College with a frequent travel to the field site located close to Debre Birhan town, to support the development of a new Maternal and Child Morbidity and Mortality Surveillance Program. This is a collaboration between Harvard University and St. Paul Millennium Medical College. The post-holder will be responsible for managing data online and on server. The post holder will be expected to support the data manager, run data quality assurance tasks, upload new programs and write codes to run data quality assurance.
St. Paul Millennium Medical College , Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Medical School opened in 2007; it is intended to alleviate the severe shortage of medical doctors in the country. In line with various encouraging efforts performed by the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health in this regard, it is clear that the newly opened school, with a practical modular and integrated curriculum will be providing much-needed medical professionals to the people of Ethiopia.
Harvard University, USA
Harvard University traces its roots to public health activism. The faculty commits themselves to research as well as teaching. The University produces knowledge through research, reproduces knowledge through higher education, and translates knowledge into evidence that can be communicated to the public, policymakers, and practitioners to advance the health of populations.
BIRHAN Maternal and Child Morbidity and Mortality Surveillance
The BIRHAN Maternal and Child Morbidity and Mortality Surveillance program is aimed at understanding the causes of maternal and child morbidity and mortality in developing countries, particularly in Ethiopia. This is a joint partnership between St. Paul’s Millennium Medical College in Ethiopia and Harvard University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The post-holder will work full-time at St. Paul Millennium Medical College, Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the field in Debre Birhan for data management, trouble shoot activities, and training field staff. The post holder will be expected to support the data manager, run data quality assurance tasks, upload new programs and write codes to run data quality assurance. .
- Data management activities as designated by the immediate supervisor
- Trouble shoot on tablets, physical and cloud server,
- Develop/modify data collection tools in required formats
- Conduct training for field staff on using electronic data collection tool,
- Generate accurate, timely and quality data reports
- Run data cleaning, data quality assurance tasks and produce error logs,
- Upload new programs to tablets and the server as requested by the data manager,
- Write codes to run data quality assurance; and
- Generate logbook for day to day field activities.
- Liaise with developers on issues related to data system features, storage and handling data.
- Other additional assignments as necessary
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may be altered at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is full consultation with the post-holder. The post-holder will carry out any other duties, tasks or responsibilities as reasonably requested by the data manager.
Duration of contract
- 1 year with likely extension
Education and Experience:
- First degree in computer sciences, IT, or statistics
- Experience in data management
- Computer programming
- Database management
- Statistical software and analysis
- Write command on a computer language
- Work with team of various discipline
- Good ability to communicate in English
- Experience in research programs will be a plus
How to Apply
Saint Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College