Reports to: Chief of Party
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to create dramatic improvements in the performance of organizations and programs working to enhance the social and economic well-being of people around the world. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Project Description :
SI is implementing a two-year USAID-funded Ethiopia Organizational Development Activity (ODA). ODA’s goal is to provide continued support of the Mission’s Organizational Objectives of creating Mission of Leaders and support the Leadership Behavior Charter established by the Mission to include design and facilitation of both Mission-wide and team-centric events and activities; data collection and analysis of leadership values, behaviors, and goals; and individual, team, and executive coaching services.
SI is seeking a Data Visualization Expert to serve in Ethiopia ODA’s cohort of Leadership & Management trainers. The expert will be tasked with teaching others about data visualization, and previous experience training is a plus. As part of the training, the expert will support visualizing research findings, enhance the design and visualization of deliverables and data, and make recommendations that facilitate evidence-based decision-making.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Ethiopian citizens will be considered. **
- Review research deliverables, provide feedback, and enhance the design and visualization of presented data
- Train participants in data visualization through workshops, tailoring program/software taught as relevant to content of data/needs of trainees
- Tailoring messages to different audiences to facilitate evidence-based decision-making
- Diploma required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data visualization, with preference for experience with data viz in the development/social sectors
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate in English effectively orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to use data visualization tools to better present and synthesize data for reports and deliverables
- Familiarity with a wide array of data visualization tools, from more beginner to more complex tools that a wide range of stakeholders can use
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with staff and consultants from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
How to Apply
Use the link below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization's website.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.