- Company: CARE
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Ethiopia
CARE seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded community health project. This procurement is expected to be a five-year contract above 10 million USD budget scope.
The DCOP will work closely with the Chief of Party to guarantee the quality, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout the project duration. S/he will provide strategic oversight and technical guidance to, and resolve challenges in the implementation of, cross-sectoral activities reflective of the program’s theory of change, logical framework, monitoring and evaluation, and relevant work plans.
In addition to promoting quality, the DCOP will encourage efficiency in program delivery. This involves continually monitoring program tasks and activities against goals; minimizing duplication of personnel activities; and defining and using standard operating procedures.
The DCOP is also expected to promote learning and innovation. This includes adapting tools and systems; promoting data-driven, evidence-based actions; expanding successful activities’ breadth and depth; building capacity to work in new ways; and communicating best practices to relevant parties.
Responsibilities And Tasks
- Oversee the coordinated planning (of activities and resources) and implementation of the program and program operations in line with state-of-the-art strategies, technical standards, and applicable USAID rules and regulations.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, ensure the adequacy of planning, monitoring and reporting, and competence for the effective scale-up of program interventions to meet established programmatic and financial targets and timeframes.
- Develop and implement systems that address Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition, and other pertinent sectoral issues. Resolve/facilitate the resolution of technical issues.
- Integrate gender and social accountability approaches into programming.
- Provide strategic oversight of program tasks and activities, including participating in budget planning.
- Conduct monitoring visits to observe field activities.
- Extend the required support to the program’s Senior Management Team.
- Promote quality, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout the program duration.
- Mentor and supervise direct report/s, including the program’s technical leads.
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth, and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Communication/Education, Global Health and related fields
- Minimum of 8 years of recent and progressively challenging experience working in Maternal Child Health/RH/FP program management.
- Prior management of USAID funded programs is preferable.
- Experience with two or more of the following: adolescent/youth SRH programming, reproductive health/FP; maternal, newborn, and child health; and Nutrition.
- Experience with one or more of the following cross-cutting approaches: gender equity and women/girls’ empowerment, social accountability, governance and Social Behavioral Change Communication,
- Proven leadership skills. Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience in community-based approaches for program design and implementation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English