- Company: Pathfinder International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - NGO Jobs in EthiopiaProject Management Jobs in Ethiopia
Pathfinder is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Strategic Development and Implementation: Provides managerial and technical support to the COP, including leading the development of strategies, creating work plans, development of deliverables, compliance, and reporting according to USAID requirements
- Project Support: Provides technical guidance/assistance to project staff and partners for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities for the accomplishment of project objectives.
- Financial and Operations Support: Oversees financial and administrative functions of the project and provide capacity building as needed.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Oversees the monitoring of project performance to ensure project objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Initiates and nurtures partnerships with new and existing stakeholders including the private sector. Manages close collaborative relationships and engagement with national level government stakeholders.
- Pathfinder Representation: Represents the project and internal and external technical meetings and conferences.
- Managing External Teams: Provides strategic oversight and leadership to subcontractors, local teams, and local partners
Acting COP: Serve as COP in COP’s absence
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Program Management: Experience in program management and administration, financial management, award compliance and sub award management, and tracking activity performance and costs.
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, Ethiopia institutions, and international organizations.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated depth and breadth of relevant technical expertise and experience, interpersonal skills and professional relationships, including strong relationships with USAID, the Ethiopia MOH, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Management and Supervision: Proven ability to lead, manage, and develop direct reports within a matrix culture.
- Operations and Financial Management: Deep knowledge of operations and financial management on a USAID funded project.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using Amharic and English.
- Preference for Ethiopian Nationals.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Advanced degree in related field
- Minimum eight years of senior-level experience implementing USAID funded programs related to project
- Experience interacting/collaborating with government agencies, Ethiopia governments and counterparts, international donor agencies, private sector, civil society, and community-based organizations, including capacity building.
- Experience implementing community engagement and accountability approaches.
Knowledge of and experience with USAID’s funding policies, rules and regulations.
- Ability to travel within Ethiopia (up to 35%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- Position will be based is Addis Ababa, Ethiopia