Position- Deputy Field Coordinator
Work Base : Borena,Moyale
Reports To: Field Coordinator
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Contract Duration: Six Months with Possibility of extension
Salary and Benefits: According to Action Against Hunger salary scale and Social benefits policy
“ Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position ”
About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger-USA is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and we enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 8,000 staff in over 50 countries, our programs reached 17 million people in 2019.
About the Country Program in Ethiopia
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1984 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectoral strategy where Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Action Against Hunger currently operates in 5 different regions (Oromia, Somali, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz and Gambella) with a portfolio of 20m USD/year of emergency, resilience building, research and innovation programs. We have a country team of around 600 staff in 17 regional and satellite offices. Our main donors in Ethiopia in 2020/2021 are: BHA, ECHO, Europaid, UNHCR, UNICEF, GFFO, BPRM, SIDA, EHF, WFP, CIAA and others.
Summary of position
The Deputy Field Coordinator will responsible to Support the Management and coordination of the base and the sub-base(s) in order to maximise Action Against Hunger impact and address the needs within the area.
The Deputy Field Coordinator role’s purpose, engagement and delivery are:
The Deputy Field Coordinator will responsible to overall Support the base management and coordination in all areas of implementation in the base. Ensuring support and program departments are running their activities as per the organizational procedures and all policies are respected. Support Field coordinator on safety and security issues in the base and in the absence of field coordinator responsible, to manage all the security related issue in the base with the coordination of capital office.
- The Deputy Field Coordinator will communicate and coordinate with Field Coordinator; capital office, all managers both support and program and all employees.
- Externally, s/he will develop and maintain excellent relationships with donor agencies, partners and other INGOs in Ethiopia in the absence Field Coordinator.
- The Deputy Filed Coordinator will oversee the quality and timely reports of the project, in line with donor rules, regulations and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Essential job duties
- Supervise, manage, coordinate, and support the finance, HR and logistics departments.
- Over see and closelly monitor the warhouse manegement condition of Moyale werehouse
- Ensure financial and logistics compliance of Action Against Hunger and donor procedures.
- Participate during development of PPP /SP and procurements are in line with it.
- Together with the FC, closely monitor Budget Follow-Ups and ensure costs of Programs and support departments are accurately captured and projections are properly done for full budget expenditure.
- Follow up closely the timely delivery of requested materials.
- Support the Base HR department ensuring proper implementation and adherence to HR policies, procedures and guidelines, ensuring that all staff are sensitized, understand and adhere to Action Against Hunger policies.
- Work closely with MEAL Senior Officer and Support Head of Department to support the production of quality internal and external program reports.
- Ensure fleet management (integrated weekly mov’t plans are considering limited resources, ensure ACF-USA vehicles adhere to ACF-USA driving rules, fuel security stock …) Particularelly for opeartional woredas of Guchi, Moyale and Miyo
- Ensure support department reports, inventories and timely submission.
- Closely monitor and visit sub-base (interchangeably with FC). With a ady to day follow up to Near by opeartional woredas (Moyale, Guchi and Miyo)
- Assist security management (networking, reporting…) being a focal person for Security mangerment of Moyale área
- Representation of ACF-USA with the authorities at Woreda ( particularelly Moyale, Guchi and Miyo woredas) and Zonal and regional level as delegated by FC
- Properlly reperesnet Birena bse AAH-USA in a weekly and Emergency coordination meetings held at Moyale, Guchi and Miyo wotredas
- Back up FC during the absence of FC due to meetings, field visits or leaves
- Closely follow and monitor all HR related issues in colaboration with Base HR Administrator
- Being anfocal point afor any communication in between the base and Myale sub office to issues realated to Finance , log and HR
II. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manages support departments (HR, Finance and Logistics)
III. Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
IV. Fiscal Responsibility
V. Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VI. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week in areas of intervention in Gambela base . Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in humanitarian related fields and five years of experience in managing operations and programs. Experience in international NGO's and emergency programs is advantageous.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook and Microsoft office package,
- written and spoken English,
- Good relation and diplomatic qualities,
- analytical capacity,
- Capacity to organize work and supervise teams,
- Problem solving skills,
- Good in communicating with people and in building strong team spirit,
- willingness to work and live in a difficult operating environment.
- Knowledge of the intervention context and ability to anticipate contextual changes;
- Capacity to understand a situation and show authority where needed;
- Excellent multitasking skills;
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English (fluent)
- Knowledge of local language (Desirable)
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “ Deputy Field Coordinator ” written in the subject line , and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
Deadline: 25 December 2020 before 5:00pm
NB : Only short listed applicants will be communicatedOn and s election process includes technical test and an interview.
All candidates should apply online at https:// http://www.ethiojobs.net// Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.