Position Title: Director, Evidence and Learning
Department/Program: Business Analytics
Reports to: Country Representative
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Application Deadline: August 29, 2019
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for an Evidence and Learning Director that will work under the direction of the Country Representative and will be responsible for managing the knowledge base strengthening activities to increase the platforms’ knowledge of how-to bring innovations to scale.
Key Result Areas:
- Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning particularly meeting PEPFAR MER indicators and jointly agreed monitoring frequent reports.
- Promoting the culture of data use for decision making
- Effective data management (e.g. data quality, data security and reduced cost of data)
- Producing research-based evidences
- Capacity building
You will work under the supervision of the Country Representative. More specifically, you will
- Lead the development of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans, processes and systems with standard procedures and process to ensure credible, reliable, timely and cost-effective monitoring data for donor reporting, to inform on-going management decisions, strategic planning and uphold accountability.
- Lead the adaption or development of specific planning, assessment, monitoring, evaluation and reporting tools for consistent and quality data collection.
- Lead the development and implement a comprehensive Data Quality Assurance Plan.
- Build the capacity of staff and implementing partners on project/program design, monitoring and evaluation concepts, skills and tools and also build the capacity of program staff to conceptualize, collect and use routine data.
- Develop a learning agenda, support systems and tools to routinely analyse project performance, capture and synthesize learnings and application of findings back into the programmes
- Monitor trends and understand evolving organization needs and priorities for data collection, analysis and reporting to drive the continuing development of standard data reports, analytical models and programs.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organization’s Business Analytics (BA) strategy and roadmap and ensure that BA initiatives are aligned with the organization’s strategy.
- Oversee the proper implementation of BA data integration and migration, master data management and data security management to ensure high BA data quality, data security and reduced cost of data.
- Ensure effective research and analysis governance processes and policies to promote high quality research within an ethical and a risk management framework.
- Develop and implement BA outsourcing and vendor management strategy.
- Establish and run the activity monitoring systems including data collection, analysis and reporting to support sound management of the activity interventions, as well as provide training for field & Management Information System (MIS) staff.
Generic Duties of the Position:
- Prepare the Function’s work plans and monitor their execution.
- Monitor and ensure proper utilization of the Function’s budgets.
- Identify human resources requirements of the Function and develop plan for meeting the requirements.
- Develop policies and procedures for the Function and lead in their implementation and continuous review.
- Review, approve and submit Function reports to relevant organs.
- Support the development of subordinates through periodic performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring, on-going performance dialogue and feedback.
- Oversee the systematic identification of skill and competency requirements for the Function.
- Represent the Organization in external relationships related with the Function.
- Take part in the group decision making processes by forming part of different groups/committees.
What are we looking for? The basics
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Demography, Operations Research, Business Administration, Statistics, Econometrics, Information Systems or related field with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience out of which six (6) years at a Managerial level
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Demography, Operations Research, Business Administration, Statistics, Econometrics, Information Systems or related field with ten (10) years of demonstrated experience out of which six (6) years at Managerial level
What would get us excited?
- Proficient in MS office applications and advanced research analytical tools
- Proficient in English and Amharic languages, both written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “ Application for Director, Evidence and Learning Position ” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline August 29, 2019 . We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.