|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Job Title||:||ECVPH joint residency – Veterinary public health|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, November 20, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Monday, November 30, 2020|
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: ECVPH joint residency – Veterinary public health in LMICs and Europe
During his/her stay at ILRI, s/he will support a range of research projects within the veterinary public health domain. A detailed plan of activities will be developed upon arrival at ILRI and revised every 3 months to accommodate changes in the ongoing projects. The nature of the work will depend on the projects that s/he will effectively support, but these are likely to include:
• Urban Markets: pull-push project: value chain mapping (poultry and vegetable value chains) in Ethiopia.
• TARTARE project: estimation of foodborne related health burden.
The fellow will be assigned specific responsibilities within each of the projects. These will include:
• Supporting design of research projects.
• Design and implement field work activities and, at times, supervising teams of junior staff.
• Data analysis and report/publication writing including from past projects.
• Work with national and international partners towards the achievement of the project objectives.
• Give seminars and presentations within ILRI as agreed.
• Support, within his/her capacities, the capacity development of junior research staff in the program.
• Deliver in all pre-agreed deliverables based on the plan of activities developed at the beginning of the fellowship
• Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Duration: 12 months
Terms of appointment and stipend:
• The project will provide accommodation within ILRI Campus, Addis Ababa.
• A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
• Medical insurance for the fellowship duration.
How to apply:
• Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, addressing it to the Head of Capacity Development, ILRI. In the letter the applicant should specify their suitability for the fellowship and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Applications must be submitted by clicking on the tab "APPLY NOW" on or before 30 November 2020. The position title and reference number REF: RF-ECVPH/ILRI/AHH/04/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
1. Individuals Interested in starting an ECVPH residency.
2. Degree in Veterinary Medicine from a European University (in line with ECVPH requirements).
3. At least one year involved in veterinary public health activities after obtaining DVM (i.e. internship, work, voluntary work,…)
4. An MSc in epidemiology, public health or a related discipline would be an advantage.
5. Evidence of relevant experience in research would be an advantage.
6. Strong quantitative skills would be an advantage
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|