KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Provides leadership to school feeding staff and ensure compliance with school feeding standard operating procedures, organisational guidelines and policies.
· Providing capacity building, performance management, and direction on tasks
· Ensures compliance, including financial tracking and administration and reporting.
· Coordinates relationships with key stakeholders for the smooth and efficient implementation of project activities and to create a culture of learning and cooperation among partners and project staff.
· Ensures community participation and local authorities in project processes, including safeguarding of beneficiaries at all stages of the implementation of the project.
· Conducts monitoring and supervision visits to the schools to ascertain programme quality and compliance with set standards.
· Produces and share periodic, monthly, end of term and annual reports to inform programme direction.
· Advises the Project manager of issues arising which affect the proper operation of the programme.
· Resolves issues based on advice provided.
· Liaises with schools, local government, local community leaders and other organisations to ensure the efficient implementation of the programme.
· Provides feedback on the lessons learned from the implementation of field activities and make recommendations for improvements as required.
· Assists in the processing of advance requests and follow on the retirement of such advances.
· Develops activity expenditure plan and communicate the same to the Project Director.
· Participate in the development of annual programme budget.
· Manages the performance of School Feeding staff.
· Organizes logistics components to ensure programme supplies are in adequate measures in schools at all times.
· Ensures that organization assets and equipment are taken care of and that staff are practising due diligence.
Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance
· In coordination with MEAL coordinators, support the field office to design results-based monitoring and evaluation process for the programme.
· Supports that the MEAL plan is implemented.
· Leads the planning and regular review of project implementation.
· Manages knowledge and experiences from the learning process and replicate good practices.
· Ensures the proper utilization and use of monitoring and evaluation systems are put in place.
Partner management and Capacity Building and Representation
· Ensures that partnerships are maintained and functioning properly as per signed contract agreement.
· Maintains regular communication and interaction with partners to facilitate and promote learning and information sharing.
· Provide technical support to partners in the course of project implementation.
Documentation and Learning
· Oversees the proper documentation of experiences and lessons (including pictures and video documentation) learned in the course of programme implementation.
· Support the MEAL unit to organize and properly maintain database and information related to the programme.
· Facilitates and participate in studies and reviews related to the programme.
· Facilitates and ensure dissemination of information and study/reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least a first Degree in Development studies, BSc in Nursing, Public Health, Nutrition, Education, Community Development.
- Experience in school feeding program at least three years and above preferably in NGO environment
- Experience in project management (at least 3 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget management and donor reporting
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Experience of delivering programs in tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever-changing security Scenarios
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio), web conferencing applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations and with roving position
- Knowledge of child safeguarding and protection
- Experience, preferably in SF/CP programs, with vulnerable children and youth
- Fluency in relevant local language/Afan Oromo and English both in written and spoken forms