The Environmental Health/WASH Manager will ensure smooth implementation and Management of WASH program in Bokolmayo field office, Somali. The program focuses on safe water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion.
The Environmental Health Manager reports to the Camp Manager operationally and technically to Senior Environmental Health (EH) Manager.
- Lead all aspects of the implementation of the EH program to ensure the program is implemented according to schedule and budgets, international standards, and that EH program objectives are met.
- Prepare designs and BOQs for Water and Sanitation infrastructures and supervise quality of construction works.
- Monitor the purchase and use of materials, equipment and supplies.
- Conduct regular monitoring and internal evaluations and conduct annual KPC surveys.
- Give in the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with the Senior EH Manager, Assistant EH Coordinator, EH Coordinator, and Grants team.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Recruit EH staffs in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, and orient new staff to the IRC and the EH program
- Provide ongoing leadership to the project team and supervising implementation and coordination of activity plans to ensure targets are met.
- Provide ongoing supervision, and technical support and guidance to EH staff, and ensure all EH staff adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation
- In conjunction with camp managers, ensure Performance Management System documentation for all staff is in place and followed up regularly
- Build staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Recommend and implement a capacity building/development plan for project staff based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
- Ensure EH staff understands and follows IRC and donor Policies and Procedures.
Grants Management & Reporting
- Manage and supervise all the Environmental Health grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans for all projects.
- Prepare finance utilization plan and review monthly financial BVA.
- Participate in Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings.
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed timeline using IRC and donor formats, as required.
- Assure appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals, grant reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
Representation & Coordination
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all partners – including NGOs, UN agencies, Gov’t representatives and other IRC sectors to enhance partnership and coordination.
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate.
- Attend the WASH coordination meetings or represent the IRC in other relevant forums.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum university degree in Hydraulic, Water Resource Engineering, civil, or other related fields.
- Five years related work experience in EH (WASH) for first Degree, or Four years for postgraduate preferably in a humanitarian setting (refugee camps, rural development, or emergency response)
- One-year management experience in supervising contractors and interaction with international staff and partners and donors.
- Confirmed management, project planning, organizational, proposal and report writing, excellent representational, interpersonal, and reporting skills.
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, email and database experience.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in team in a potentially unstable security environment.
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment
How to Apply
How to apply:
Please send CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC Addis Ababa, P.O.box 107 code 1110 or through IRC career portal