- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Coordination and representation
- Assist the coordination of projects in and out of the refugee camps
- Coordinate with Hygiene Promotion Specialist, Gender Officer, ERR team in Addis and other technical unit members to ensure targeted support, effective, and quality programming.
- Ensure effective coordination of EH projects at field and camp level with the different partners in the region including with donors and monitoring agencies.
- Represent IRC in the field on matters related to WASH through participating on different humanitarian emergency coordination forums for both refugees’ camps and local community WASH projects.
- Promote project integration and team building.
Project Design, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Actively participate in preparation of proposals, especially log frame, technical description, and budget development.
- Ensure that EH projects are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to goal, objectives, and indicators and in line with IRC and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation of EH activities and experiences at field office level.
- Maintain close contact with EH senior officers in IRC field/camp sites to ensure effective technical, logistical and management support for all aspects of project implementation;
- Conduct regular monitoring and technical support visits to project sites and camps;
- Conduct needs assessments, project reviews, and post-project impact assessments as needed and advised;
- Strive to increase program quality through all stages of implementation.
- Develop and maintain systems to measure impact and quality of projects.
- Monitor ongoing capacity building activities in the EH team, identify gaps and capacity building needs and propose targeted trainings to improve overall team capacity;
- Mentor and support managers and officers to increase their ability to perform effectively;
- Organize and conduct trainings and workshops for IRC Environmental Health staff;
- Support the EH field staff in designing & coordinating training/workshops
Human Resources / Staffing:
- Identify staffing needs and assists with recruitment when necessary;
- Assist in the orientation of newly arrived staff
- Support Field Coordinator, camp managers and senior officers with IRC performance reviews for EH staff;
- Strive to improve and maintain overall team environment and foster team-building relationships.
Supply chain /Finance:
- Collaborate closely with IRC management, supply chain, and Finance Departments to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Raise and follow up on purchase requests, conduct equipment and materials inspections and ensure timely supply of materials to site;
- Maintain budget plans & supervise Spending for allocated EH budgets
- Supervise utilization of inventories and work closely with others on effective and efficient use of resources and old grants.
- Provide timely trip reports to field coordinator, to EH Coordinator/Assistant coordinator
- Ensure and coordinates timely production of monthly progress reports by EH staff based on qualitative and quantitative indicators of project status;
- Provide input as required to complete donor reports.
Others:Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- University degree in civil, water resource engineering, environmental or public health or other related fields.
- 4 + years experience in WASH, preferably in a humanitarian setting (refugee camps, rural development, or emergency response) for first degree
- 3 years validated experience for post graduate.
- At least 2 years senior level management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Proposal and report writing
- Excellent representational
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
- Flexible, willing to travel and live temporarily in harsh environment