Title: EHS Manager
Job ID: 46404
City: Addis Ababa
Professional area: Environment Health & Safety
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
Addis Ababa, AA, ET, +251
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom . We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from . It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business .
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend . And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running .
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementation and maintaining local & global EHS Programs and Management Systems in the organization to ensure that continuous improvement related to EHS is sustained. The candidate is expected to ensure all required elements of the ISO 14001, 45001 and 50001 systems are in place, working effectively and in compliance with relevant Company's and regulatory standards.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Understands EHS risks and hazards relevant to the organisation. Ensures that appropriate control measures are known and implemented in order to maintain a healthy and safe workplace and any enviromental risk is eliminated.
- Supports implemention of global EHS strategy, standards, objectives, programs and develops local EHS programs in the organisation in order to contribute in creating safe work place & safety culture in the organisation as well as increasing safety awareness among employees.
- Knows legal EHS requirements applicable to the organisation and ensures that the organisation is compliant with the ones.
- Provides EHS leadership, promotes a positive safety culture, actively demonstrates commitment to EHS and take actions to continuously improve health and safety performance.
- Manages EHS budget and implements EHS programs within the budget.
Required Academic Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Environment and Health Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years in EHS sphere with minimum 2 years in managerial or supervisory position.
- Advanced knowledge of English (verbal and written)
- MS Office – confident user
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time-conscious, focused, organized.