The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Brief Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure projects are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to goals, objectives and indicators and in line with donor requirements and adhere to SPHERE and national standards
- Develop work plans, budgets, M&E plans, performance frameworks and reports
- Conduct needs assessments, baseline surveys, reviews and evaluations as needed and directed
- Conduct regular monitoring and technical support visits of PNS supported projects
- Work with project staff to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt
- Maintain close contact with PNS delegation office and project coordinators at ERCS branches to ensure effective technical, logistical and management support for all aspects of project implementation
- Coordinate with DPR and other departments to ensure targeted support and effective, quality programming
work unit , Place of work & Term of employment
- Report to Head, Disaster Preparedness and Response/DPR/ ,Emergency coordinator
- Addis Ababa
- Contract for one year
- Some of the position listed position above salary may be negotationed further.
- Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply !
- Please note that we ONLY consider those who fulfilled requirement and apply following the application procedure
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Environment or Public health
- Minimum of 10 years work experience for B.Sc or
- 8 years of experience for M.Sc., with a thorough understanding of all areas of project management cycles in humanitarian settings
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement