About The IRC
We are, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international Non-Governmental organizations, providing relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response
The Emergency Response Consortium Manager (ERCM) will support emergency consortium projects lead by IRC, including the ECHO-funded Emergency Response Mechanism. The ERCM will serve as the ERR Teams focal point with Cluster and Custer Coordinators to ensure IRC is fully aware of planning and discussions ongoing within the individual clusters and that they are kept informed of IRC ERR Teams relative activities. The ERCM will coordinate on with non-IRC managed Emergency Response Mechanisms, to ensure that where appropriate, ERR activities are harmonized with other relevant Emergency Response Mechanisms. The ERCM reports to the Emergency Response Coordinator but will work closely with other members of the ERR Team and the Partnership Unit.
Key Job functions/responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination with Cluster Coordinators to ensure IRC is aware of developments related to the clusters, including response planning, upcoming funding opportunities, and technical and operational discussions, and that they are kept informed of IRC ERR Teams relative activities.
- Liaise with IRC Technical Coordinators (TCs), program and operational, to ensure consistent messaging to clusters and that TCs receive timely information of developments in the relevant clusters.
- Coordination with non-IRC Emergency Respond Mechanisms to ensure that where appropriate IRC’s ERR activities are harmonized with other relevant Emergency Response Mechanisms;
- Represent IRC at cluster coordination meetings and other relevant coordination forums with NGOs, UN agencies, government stakeholders.
- Through engagement with clusters, support the Partnership Unit to identify potential partners with technical capacity and geographical coverage that complement the IRC response priorities;
- Support the Partnership Unit in conducting vetting of potential partners;
- Assist in tracking and reviewing of consortium members, in receipt of sub grants, interventions project delivery, and burn rate against project targets and budgets.
- Assist the ERR Coordinator to ensure timely corrective action taken by partners/consortium members when required.
- The ERCM shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by his/her supervisor, ERR Coordinator, and CD including below but not limited to them.
- BSc/BA or MA/MSc in a related field of studies from a recognized University.
- 3 years of management experience.
- 2 years’ experience in managing and coordinating programs.
- Previous coordination experience either external or internal within your agency.
- Knowledge and understanding of current contexts and management of emergencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong communication, networking, and representation skills.
- Self-motivated, honest, and highly responsible.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Have excellent skill in coordination and integration with external stakeholders
- Good command of both spoken and written English.