- Company: Comitato Collaborazione Medica (CCM)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in the implementation of health-related projects in both humanitarian and development contexts.
CCM has conducted several interventions in Ethiopia since 1982. Most of CCM’s projects in Ethiopia – funded by institutional donors and private foundations – are mainly aimed to address the needs of vulnerable people from high migration areas, increasing access and quality of health services provided to them. Additionally, the current situation of Ethiopia and nearby countries has recently determined a high number of IDPs and refugees. In this regard, CCM is committed to (I) ensure the emergency response to the current humanitarian crisis; and (ii) preserve the health system from a possible consequence due to the humanitarian crisis
The project aims to improve the living conditions of internally displaced persons present both in informal camps and in host communities, in the woreda of MaddaWalabu (Bale zone) Liben and Gumi Eldalo (Guji zone) of Oromia Region and Karsadula and DekhaSuftu (Libe zone) in Somali Region, strengthening their resilience and reducing their social and economic vulnerability.
The project aims at the achievement of the following results:
- Improved the access and quality of basic health services in the camps and host communities, especially for the most vulnerable groups such as children and pregnant women.
- Improved the access to education, protection and social inclusion of internally displaced persons in host communities.
- Guaranteed better access to WASH infrastructures within the camps and in the host communities.
- Improved the food security of agro-pastoral communities by supporting agriculture and livestock.
In the frame of the project funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), CCM is seeking for qualified candidates for Emergency Response Expert in IDPs position
(S)he supports the Project Manager in managing relations with local authorities, with clusters, with IDPs representatives and with the technical staff, ensuring correct communication and an effective response to emergencies.
- (S)he supports the project coordinator in building and maintaining good relations with local authorities, clusters and IDPS leaders;
- (S)he Support to local authorities for the strengthening of veterinary services and protection of livestock (support for animal vaccination campaigns) in collaboration with other project staff
- (S)he participates in regular and ad hoc meetings of health and nutrition clusters and working groups;
- (S)he supports the project coordinator in the development of effective health emergency response plans;
- (S)he supports the project coordinator in planning the activities in accordance with the needs and needs expressed by the local authorities and IDPs representatives, guaranteeing an adequate response;
- (S)he supports, on the basis of operational plans, the technical staff in implementing the activities in the areas of intervention;
- (S)he facilitates communication between staff and project coordinator;
- (S)he ensures the preparation of periodic reports for the purposes of internal reporting consistent with the required management control requirements;
- (S)he is responsible for monitoring the activities in response to the emergencies of the areas of intervention;
- (S)he is responsible for the distribution of all medical and non-medical materials in response to emergencies (vaccines, NFI etc.) in the areas of intervention;
- (S)he is responsible for managing contacts with representatives of local authorities, clusters and IDPS leaders.
Duration : 21 moths
Starting date : June 2019
- Relevant Academic Degree
- Postgraduate studies in International Humanitarian Development or equivalent studies is an asset
- More than 5yrs experience in project management in emergency and hard to reach areas
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in projects’ management
- Excellent experience in Project Cycle Management
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with different stakeholders. Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent in people understanding and management
- Goal-oriented mind
- Strong ability to work under pressure, in challenging situations and meet deadlines
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office
- Perfect Knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Previous experiences with IDPs, Refugees and/or in an emergency context.
- Proven experience in Public Health Sector
How to Apply
To apply for these positions, please send a one-page motivation letter and a CV in PDF format, not more than three pages (1MB) without any scanned attachment of certificates or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting for the vacancy position in the subject. CCM is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified