FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply on the following position for Tigray Emergency Response JEOP.
Position title: Emergency Response Manager
Duration of contract: Four Months with possibility of Extension
1. Gives overall guidance, manages and coaches to staffs under his/her supervision;
2. Ensures that performance evaluation forms for all employees are completed and submitted to the regional Office
3. Ensures that human resources, materials and commodities are adequately available and properly utilized;
4. Under the guidance of the regional JEOP Manager, Coordinate the preparation of project plans and ensures their timely execution
5. Ensures that project activities are implemented in accordance with the project proposal signed between FH/E and the Government;
6. Conduct situation analysis in the project areas and designs appropriate intervention plan in line with the vision of FH/Ethiopia;
7. Ensure the preparation and submission of various periodic reports to the Regional Manager and other concerned staffs at FH/E Head Office;
8. Monitors and evaluates project activities in collaboration with stakeholders, FH/E head office monitoring team and other concerned bodies;
9. Present the project profile, plan, report and different cases concerning the project on different woreda, level forums;
10. Prepare periodic procurement plan
12. Ensure that resource utilization is economical and efficient in the project;
13. Prepares detail annual project budget in collaboration with concerned FHE head office staff;
14. Makes the necessary contacts with Woreda, Zonal Offices for smooth relationship and maintains good understanding in the implementation process of the project;
15. Network the project with relevant NGOs and the private sector at the woreda level.
16. Identify capacity gaps of FH and partner staffs and fill the gaps as deemed necessary with the view of enhancing the capacity of local FH staff and partners;
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
Ø Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security. This includes, but not limited to, personal safety, road safety, etc.
Ø Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
Ø Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation process is gender sensitive.
Ø Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff on about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
- BA Degree in Agriculture or in other related field of study.
- Computer literate, Interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in an NGO setting is an added advantage.
- Enthusiasm about the Heartbeat of FHE
How to Apply
Due to the urgency of the project, position may be filled prior to the advertisement closing date
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to:
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their emails and applications