- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: – shireTigray Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Under the direct technical supervision of the Senior ERR Officer based in Addis Ababa and administratively under Shire field coordinator the ERR/HP Officer is responsible for leading and supervising ERR Activities, leading and facilitating project field assessments, NFIs’ responses, and HP activitiesand reports and monitoring and management of budget for those respective activities accordingly and organize ERR response activities including capacity Building trainings as per the need from the assessment made. He will also work with EH and Health team intimately for the achievement of quality program implementations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Conduct assessments, planning, organizing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the community hygiene promotion projects.
§ Plan, coordinate and monitor the provision and proper distribution of WASH NFI & Non Food Items.
§ Under taken the non-food items response by executing the joint targeting, verification, distribution and undertaking post distribution together with the MEAL team.
§ Prepares detail physical & financial necessary procurements, Spending, implementation, and Payment plans for emergency responses.
§ Ensure the proper dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages by preparing and drafting of IEC/BCC materials to be used at community level.
§ Organize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and trainings on hygiene and sanitation, COVID 19 and WASH related disease prevention and control.
· Maintain strong working relationship with respective IRC staff and other partners in the Intervention areas.
· Coordinate and communicate with IRC staff on the ground, the water/EH team and HP/ERR team.
· In collaboration with immediate supervisors and other IRC staff, manage the proper utilization of the allocated budget for the HP and EH activities under the project and liaise with IRC’s supply chain and finance for effective implementation of the intended activities as per log frame of the proposal
· Prepare a monthly progress report and weekly update and submit to the SERRO per the reporting time scheduled.
· Organize and ensure the documentation of every project activity, distributions lists and capacity building activities both in hard and soft copies supported by pictures.
· Ensure that program Procurement, spending is in line with Department/original plan and burn rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress.
· Ensure that project activities and spending are fully in compliance with the IRC, Government and donor regulations.
· Ensure that the Purchase requests are tracked and communicated timely to SC & finance teams for the follow up of burning rate and checking for accomplishment status of activities as per the plan
· Directly supervise and provide support to the ERR/ Hygiene Assistants and the ERR/Hygiene promotion team who base at Woreda and Community Level
· Works closely with Zone/Woreda Disaster Risk Management, water mine & Energy and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the response
· Takes additional responsibilities and Assignments as assigned by supervisor and the field office management where necessary.
· BSc Degree/Diploma in Public Health or Environmental Health.
· 2 years for BSc Degree holders & 5 years for Diploma experience.
· 1 year supervisory skill and basic managerial skills.
· Emergency response experience/ERR with INGO /LNGO in local community settings.
· Technical and report writing skills
· Computer literate.
· Fluent spoken and written English and Amharic.
· Local language will be plus.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (ability to use MS office, word, excel, and outlook email applications very well)
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.