SCOPE OF WORK:
Brief description of the position’s role within the Project(s): The ES/NFI and/or Cash Manager is the Managerial level positon, who leads the ES/NFI program both via in kind or Cash Voucher Assistance (CVA) that IRC working in the emergency affected communities during the emergency shelter, Non-food Items/NFI distribution, Cash transfer programing, or any other emergency rapid response activities. The position spends 70% of his/her time in the field, in conducting rapid assessments, identifying priority needs, target communities, attending different coordination meeting and forums and leading the teams, mobilizing the resources, develop standards and guidelines, ensure the Es/NFI responses work with the procurement, Finance, other bilateral sectors and with ERR team in Addis Ababa.
Over all, the scope of the position is to lead properly the Emergency Shelter and Non-Food Items Response program by using appropriate in kind or CVA mechanisms based up on the context of the emergency, manage the budgets, ensure technically the Es/NFI response, coordinates with the other humanitarian organizations, monitoring and evaluations of the emergency affected communities in Oromia regional state.
Position objectives: The main objective of ES/NFI and/or CVA Program Manager Position is to successfully lead the ES/NFI program response through in kind and/or cash transfer programing together with the Adama and Addis Ababa ERR team.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of Field Coordinator and technical supervision of Emergency Response Manager based in Addis Ababa, the ES/NFI and/or Cash Transfer Manager is responsible for designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the IRC Emergency Rapid Response/ ERR ES/NFI and/or CVA response projects in the ERR target zones/woredas of Oromia Regional State.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Develop and/or adopt the rapid assessment tools considering the context for the emergency responses. Prepare/adopt Es/NFI strategies, guidelines, and standards and capture lesson and learning.
- Organize and actively participate on Rapid Assessments, market assessments, shelter damage, capacity assessment of Financial Service Providers (FSP) and other digital cash transfer.
- Participate in different representations or coordination like at regional/ at zone and woreda level including the ES/NFI and Cash TWG sub-cluster coordination.
- Prepare detail work plans, spending plan and procurement plan for ES/NFI, Cash Transfer Programming and Community Mobilization activities and ensure proper implementation of planned activities in different emergency context.
- Manage the budget of the program and activities on the track
- Leads the program officers, and assistances under his/her supervise in coaching, mentoring, delegating, providing supportive supervision and capacitating.
- Ensure successful joint targeting of beneficiaries, distribution, verification and make sure the distribution of ES/NFI, Cash and voucher assistants done appropriately.
- Develop shelter repair/construction designs and prepare BoQ considering the context and global, national and regional guidelines.
- Use basics of participatory/joint approaches for identifying needs and targeting the clients based up on the context of the types of the emergency.
- Identify the damaged houses and ensure the HLP related issues with the community and concerned government bodies.
- Working closely with Es/NFI and cash transfer teams and other ERR WASH team and develop, produce and deliver emergency messaged/awareness to different segments of the community including school teachers, DA, Health Extension Workers (HEWs), community leaders and representatives with support from woreda disaster risk and management and health office.
- Coordinate and integrate with region/zone/woreda and kebele level stakeholders in harmonizing the hygiene sanitation promotion, cash transfer program, ES/NFI distribution and other ERR activates during interventions.
- Establish and maintain transparent, functional relationships with target communities.
- Establish and maintain transparent, functional working relationships with local government at different levels and with the vendors, the farmers’ cooperative union, cooperative promotion offices and NGOs operating in the project area
- Regularly follow up and provided routine advices for the shelter construction/repair of the targeted beneficiaries as per the standard.
- Conduct verification and detail need assessment and propose the activities to be conducted.
- Design, development, testing, printing and positioning of culturally appropriate IEC materials, and monitoring tools and ensure proper use of the IEC/ BCC materials to reach the beneficiaries with key messages for shelter repair, non-food Items and cash transfer responses.
- Ensure that the program resources are implemented in transparent and accountable manner and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Conduct post distribution monitoring (PDM) and Post Construction Monitoring (PCM) to ensure the program quality and collect lesson learnings.
- Organize the beneficiary feedback mechanism is established in inclusive and transparent way and the BF committees are actively participated in all distributions and distributions done in equitable and transparent way together with the MEAL team.
- Prepare MoU and project agreements and facilitate together with the Grant units and ERR team in Addis Ababa
- Organize and share the weekly, monthly and quarterly progress plan/reports that submitted to IRC, Donor and government.
- Take any additional responsibility/ies as requested his/her supervisor or by IRC.
Professional Standards : All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- University Post graduate/ Bsc degree in rural development, Public Health/Environmental health, development studies, social sciences , civil/construction engineering or any other related field from recognized University
- In Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience for degree and 3 years for post graduate on ES/NFI, CVA, community mobilization, with I/NGO in local community settings.
- Previous experience of implementing participatory and leading humanitarian projects will be an advantageous;
- Previous experience of implementing of Emergency activities, like shelter construction, NFI distribution, cash transfer will be an asset
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail) must
- Other soft wares like AUTOCAD and Epi-info is advantageous.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Fluent speak on English, Amharic and Afan Oromo is must.
- Emergency response experiences is advantageous.
- Good in teamwork, ability to work in hard to reach area and in high work load to meet the dead line.