Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Key performance area
Under the general direction and guidance of the Secretary General ,the Essential Drugs Program Director responsible for the following major functional duties.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the EDP services of the NS;
- Studies and proposes for the development or revision of policy & procedure manual on procurement, stocking, sales, dispensing, administration of medicines; conducts surveys and researches on drugs administration and stock management, organizes and administers the right training to subordinates on same;
- Oversees the procurement, warehousing, sales of good quality, safe and efficacious medicines, other related supplies and medical equipment; Studies, prepares and revises NS’s essential drug list; Carries out domestic & foreign drug procurement;
- Initiates study to the expansion and diversification of the EDP services in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the EFMHACA and ensures implementation up on approval;
- Establishes drug selection and quantification committee ; Establishes procurement committee
- Ensures that medicines, other supplies and medical equipment’s, procurement, stocking, selling activities are in line with the regulatory requirements;
- Ensures that drugs, medical supplies and equipment are procured and distributed based on the needs of Customers /wholesalers, hospitals, health centers and retail outlets;
- Ensures that the disposal or incineration of expired and/ damaged drugs as well as other medical supplies due to unforeseen situations is effected in accordance with the directives of the EFMHACA, and that proper documentation or certification is obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and kept to that effect;
- Introduce and implement medicine information technology system to improve effectiveness and efficiency;
- Oversees the provision of the necessary administrative and technical backup to the drug outlets that prompt appropriate feedback on issues, requests and problems referred to it;
- Ensures the accounting and management of revenues, expenses, inventories, supplies and long-term assets of the EDP is in compliance with the relevant policies and guidelines of the Society;
- Ensures the operations, accounts and working documents of pharmacies under the EDP are timely audited, and that prompt rectifying actions are taken on qualified comments of auditors;
- Prepare and submit for approval aggregate plan of EDP, and the drug outlets under its supervision; and ensures effective execution accordingly;
- Ensure provision of appropriate training in coordination with the Capacity Building work unit.
- Ensures that buildings, vehicles and other long-term assets of the EDP are properly handled, used and managed;
- Authorizes financial transactions, procurement matters, personnel actions and other activities as per delegated authority;
- Ensures that activity & aggregate financial reports and the drug outlets under its supervision are sent timely to the Secretary General and subsequently to the respective work units.
Reporting to: SG
Qualification and Professional Experience
- Second/First degree in Pharmacy, or Second degree in Business Administration/ leadership/ public health/supervisory management and first degree in Pharmacy
- 10/12 years relevant work experience of which 5/7 years in a managerial position(s)
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on Nov 25, 2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.