ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Operations Specialist will be a part of the leadership team in one of One Acre Fund's fastest growing country programs.. The Ethiopia program currently serves 65,000 farmers, grows 6.5 million trees and has an ambitious seed multiplication program - by 2023 we will serve over 350,000 farmers and grow 24 million trees.
We are looking for someone to manage the business operations systems needed to achieve our scale targets. You will report directly to the Ethiopia Deputy Country Director for People and Systems and will manage a portfolio of projects, including data collection and analytics, program Indicators, large print orders and office IT management
As Ethiopia Business Operations Specialist, you will:
Build data systems and processes
- Deploy an improved sales data system to track important field indicators like tree sales and planting
- Ensure smooth delivery of tree growing inputs by maintaining data rosters for personnel, inputs orders and truck movements
- Build our data and reporting dashboards to give us better visibility into procurement and logistics service level agreements
Manage important business operations projects
- Organize casual workers to accomplish short-term projects like large print jobs or data entry
- Manage large print material orders to the field, including training materials or marketing sheets
- Partner with our field team to audit our data and processes, identifying fraud and process issues
Grow One Acre Fund Ethiopia's IT capabilities and systems
- Manage our inventory of IT equipment (laptops, smartphones, and other tech products)
- Be the primary staff contact for troubleshooting and training
- Work with our Global Tech team to assess what new systems make sense for One Acre Fund Ethiopia, then implement them
Help build the Ethiopia Systems Department
- As an important deputy on the Systems team, you'll be a leader in developing and training our junior staff
- Advise on Systems department internal processes and best practices
- Contribute to the department's yearly goals and key results
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for . For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a systems role, for example: logistics, procurement or SAP administration
- Experience in data analysis like Advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), STATA or PowerBI
- Previously worked with resource planning platforms like SAP or Airtable
- Experience in project management with multiple departments and team members
- Experience rolling out or implementing new systems. For example, rolling out a new inventory tracking system or designing a new procurement process
- Experience with IT operations is a plus
- A bachelor's degree in a related field
- Language: English and Amharic required
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Health insurance, paid time off
- Flexible work environment in Bahir Dar
- Connect and collaborate with engaging colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Professional development opportunities, including management coaching and mentorships with organizational leaders
This role is only open to citizens, permanent residents, or origin card holders of Ethiopia.
7 June 2021.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @ oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ( [email protected] ), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://grnh.se/30c7c6291us