ICAP at Columbia University
JOB TITLE: Ethiopia Health and Wellness Survey (HWS) COVID-19 Focal Person
LOCATION: ICAP Country Office, Addis Ababa
REQUIRED NUMBER: 1
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for 6 Months
ICAP Columbia University (ICAP) is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP in Ethiopia, in partnership with Central Statistics Agency (CSA), the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other partners, is planning to conduct a Health and Wellness Survey (HWS) to estimate the prevalence of violence against children and youth in Ethiopia, which will help to design future interventions and prevention strategies. In addition to providing important programmatic information to the Ministry of Women Children and Youth (MoWCY), the Ministry of Health (MOH), and other relevant stakeholders, the survey is also highly valuable to educators and researchers. For project implementation ICAP would like to hire an experienced COVID-19 Focal Person.
More information on the project is available from:
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
Under direct supervisor of the Project Lead for HWS at ICAP in Ethiopia, the HWS COVID-19 focal person will primarily act as focal point for COVID-19 preparedness for HWS implementation. S/he will be responsible to coordinate and oversee activities related to HWS staffs’ COVID-19 symptom screening, contract tracing, and for ensuring the staff receive needed COVID-19 testing and medical care when required. S/he will report on the actual situation and the outcome of each case during HWS implementation. The Focal person will also serve as the intermediary between HWS staff who need testing and medical care and the Ministry of health and local health administrators or any other required Point of Contact for COVID-19.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in implementing SOPs & training manuals developed for these purposes
- Assist in developing plan for HWS staff identified as needing medical care during the survey implementation.
- Train HWS staff on the basics of COVID-19 preparedness, Infection prevention and control (IPC), etc., in line with the established SOPs.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the HWS field staff COVID-19 symptom screening.
- Coordinate HWS staff contract tracing and quarantine procedures for close contacts, isolation of probable or confirmed cases.
- Assist procurement and distribution of medical supplies for the field team
- Prepare progress and other required reports
- Perform other tasks assigned by immediate supervisor
- At least a Master’s degree in Public Health with clinical background (medicine, nursing, or health officer).
- At least five years of experience in training and supervising teams and participating in national level coordination.
- At least one year emergency management experience, including event-based surveillance, risk assessment of acute public health events and/humanitarian crises, documentation of response to outbreaks and other emergencies.
- Familiarity with fieldwork and population-based surveys.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic or Oromiffa or Tigrigna or Afar or Somali languages
· Periodic domestic travel throughout Ethiopia to support the planning and implementation of the WHSE. management activities in the field.
How to Apply
Only online applications are received