About One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund works to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. In Ethiopia, we engage farmers in agroforestry and community-based seed multiplication. In partnership with the Amhara National Regional State, these programs have planted more than 10 million trees, produced over 500 MT of improved teff seed and reached more than 65,000 farmers. Now, we are now in an exciting phase of work in which we are trialing novel approaches and preparing for scale-up in the coming years. We have over 8000 employees globally, and our growing Ethiopia headquarters are in Bahir Dar, Amhara Region, with small offices in Addis Ababa, Finote Selam and Motta. To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Systems Lead will be a part of our leadership team in one of One Acre Fund's fastest-growing country programs. The Ethiopia program is poised to serve over 100,000 farmers in 2021, grow 10 million trees, and launch a renewed seed multiplication program. In 2025, we plan to serve over one million farmers in Ethiopia.
We are looking for someone to build the efficiencies of the system needed to achieve our scale targets. You will report directly to the Ethiopia Country Director or Deputy Country Director and will manage procurement, logistics, print, IT, field technology, and data operations through a team of 5-10 staff.
- I mprove operations and give support to our programs . In the next five years, we hope to work with more than 500,000 farmers across 1000 communities. You will oversee the expansion of our operations systems to support this growth, improve processes to make sure we provide the best quality inputs to our clients and build internal controls and data tracking processes to help us manage our expanding operations.
- Find tech solutions to help us reach scale. As the technology environment in Ethiopia evolves, we are open to new solutions that help us reach more farmers, train our staff better and solve broad agroforestry and agricultural system challenges. You'll lead exploration, recommendation and implementation of new solutions.
- Lead Ethiopia's Systems Department. You'll manage a modest budget and a team of 5-10 people. You'll establish SOPs and goals within the department, then guide your team to success. You'll represent your department on Ethiopia's leadership committee and participate in cross-departmental projects.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience Operations (procurement, logistics, etc.) and new technology roll-out experience
- People management experience
- Project management and interdepartmental coordination experience
- A Bachelor's degree
- Fluent English
- Proficiency with MS Office or Google Docs
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely.
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia with up to 50% in Addis Ababa after the first six months
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
- Flexible work environment for the time being
- Connect and collaborate with engaging colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Professional development opportunities, including management coaching and mentorships with organizational leaders
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Ethiopia. Ethiopian nationals and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
14 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=3226848