Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is planning to release a Request for Task Order Proposals (RFTOP) for the Ethiopia Trade Enhancement Project Evaluation under the MCC Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) mechanism. The award value is anticipated to be made in the amount of $500,000.
Social Impact is currently seeking an experienced Evaluation Team Leader who will be responsible for the overall design, implementation, and dissemination of the evaluation. S/he will lead development of a rigorous evaluation design using the appropriate combination of quantitative and qualitative methodologies to answer the evaluation questions. S/he will be responsible for managing the evaluation team, serving as the evaluation’s main point of contact to MCC and ensuring high quality of all project deliverables. This position is remote with some travel required to Ethiopia depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
- Liaise on a regular basis with MCC, SI HQ and other organizations involved in the study.
- Design and conduct the evaluation.
- Supervise and lead the evaluation team.
- Direct the evaluation design and work plan development and oversee the data collection and data synthesis efforts.
- Ensure quality control and timely submission of all client deliverables.
- Draft, finalize and present the interim/final evaluation report to MCC.
- Provide key technical context on governance to the evaluation methods team.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Economics, political science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and/or evaluating governance projects in developing countries.
- Experience designing and carrying out experimental and or quasi-experimental impact evaluations with control and treatment groups.
- Experience designing and implementing multi-topic quantitative household and or enterprise surveys in developing country context, including the use of electronic data collection tools.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and collection.
- Excellent knowledge of Stata or other similar statistical analysis software.
- Experience working in Ethiopia or East Africa strongly preferred.
- Proven strong leadership and team-work skills and ability to deliver results within specified and often changing timeframes.
- Previous experience with MCC.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com .
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.