Evidence and Analysis Director, USAID Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Platform, Ethiopia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing for an upcoming USAID/Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Platform. The project is envisioned to:
- Enhance deliberate learning focus to drive program results faster than traditional MEL.
- Generate fit-for-purpose data to adapt and improve development programs.
- Improve data literacy, including the ability to generate, comprehend, rigorously analyze, and apply data generated by both USAID and broader development actors.
- Share CLA practices and expand the use of CLA across the Mission’s implementing partners and government counterparts.
The project is expected to last five years.
SI is seeking a full-time Evidence and Analysis Director to lead the coordination for the project, working with USAID offices collaboratively to ensure adequate solutions and resources are allocated. This position will be full-time over the duration of the project, and will be based in Addis Ababa.
- Lead the coordination for the project, including overseeing a central technical coordination unit for receiving and responding to requests.
- Collaborate closely with USAID offices to identify and synthesize needs, collaboratively refine MEL scopes of work, and direct them to the right technical teams to carry out the work.
- Oversee the Head of Office in Djibouti and ensure learning across Ethiopia and Djibouti.
- Supervise technical research and M&E leads, and oversee their tasks.
- Conduct quality assurance for each solution, and apply established guiding principles for high quality deliverables.
- Advanced degree or higher in a related field.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated technical skills in M&E and research.
- Proven team supervision experience.
- Excellent English language written and presentation skills.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts.
- Experience in Ethiopia and/or the Horn of Africa is preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.