- Company: Digital Green
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Digital Green is an international non-government organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that help smallholder farmers increase productivity and income. In Ethiopia, Digital Green is working in four regions (Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, SNNP) in introducing and scaling video-extension approach, in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Regional Bureaus of Agriculture and Natural Resource.
Digital Green is entering an exciting phase of development as it expands to additional digital solutions, agricultural commodities and geographies. As part of this expansion, Digital Green is building a team of exceptional individuals with a passion for finding solutions to pressing development problems. This is an exciting opportunity to join Digital Green’s growing team in Ethiopia, supporting our ongoing and new programs.
Reporting to the Regional Manager in the Region, this role involves directly working with local partners, agricultural extension staff and farmers in particular, and providing guidance as well as ensuring that Partners are delivering on program objectives and targets. It includes training/capacity building for local intermediaries, quality assurance for video production, data management, dissemination, and adoption.
To ensure timely, cost effective and efficient delivery of Digital Green Ethiopia‘s services in the designated area of operation.
Strategy & Work plans
- Work directly with the Regional Manager and Regional Technical Coordinator to execute annual work plans and achieve targets and deliverables;
- Ensure progress and achievements are tracked against established work plans;
Support and ensure video creation & dissemination
- Provide guidance and support to government extension functionaries and partner teams on all aspects of video production, dissemination, and data management processes;
- Provide supportive supervision to ensure that partner and local teams produce videos at Woreda level and disseminate videos at Kebele level using Digital Green approach.
- Quality Assurance and Supporting Impact Assessment
- Ensure quality assurance by gathering data captured through observation sheets while observing video disseminations and video content and technical quality audits at Kebele level;
- Coordinate field travel for Digital Green team members as well as external stakeholders;
- Support the implementation of the various monitoring and evaluation methods determined by the Digital Green Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team.
Support capacity building in partners and local community
- In partnership with the Training team, support capacity building for the Partners.
- Provide guidance and support to the Partner for capacity building among local intermediaries through training on video production, dissemination, and data management.
Reporting, Data Management, and Documentation
- Ensure Partners complete necessary documentation and enter data acquired at Kebele level.
- Document case studies, best practices, and success stories at Kebele level.
- Ensure accurate and proper data management processes at Woreda and Kebele levels;
- Report on challenges and difficulties encountered during program execution to Digital Green Program Team to resolve issues on time.
- Regularly review Digital Green’s data management system to monitor project deliverables, achievements, and regularly report to the team on activities, milestones and accomplishments
Digital Green is a great place to work and prides itself on a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Digital Green is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelors or higher degree, in Agricultural Extension, Rural Development, or related fields agricultural fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project implementation, preferably within an NGO setting
- Some experience in domains related to ICT for agriculture/health and nutrition/ will be preferred
- Familiarity with Ethiopian rural context required
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong project implementation Skills.
- Strong communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of using internet/cloud applications, MS word, MS PowerPoint, etc.
- Basic skills for using data analysis tools like Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to speak the local language.
To be successful as a member of the Digital Green team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility to relocate within the Amhara region if deemed necessary
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.