- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - International Rescue Committee (IRC) Jobs in EthiopiaNGO Jobs in EthiopiaSocial Science/Community
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The Field Coordinator is responsible for handling the overall management of the IRC field office and all program implementation in the refugee camps, sub-fields in any of Regional States. The position holder serves as the official IRC representative in the field office, upholding the mission, mandate, and policies of IRC. You are the focal person for the safety and security of IRC staff and assets at the field office level.
Detailed Responsibilities And Tasks
- Implement programs reflecting the spirit of IRC’S mission statement.
- Oversee the management of grants including the timely implementation of planned activities and appropriate expenditure of funds.
- Continually and vigorously search for new program ideas and activities.
- Assist each program manager with technical advice and support and travel regularly to the refugee camps and other program sites.
- Assist in writing project proposal narratives and budgets.
- Ensure the event and consistent implementation of IRC/Ethiopia policies, manuals, and procedures.
- Ensure IRC WAY and the organization policies are implemented accurately, and employees are aware of the how-to raise concerns.
- Make recommendations for policy revision.
- Maintain local policies, especially regarding security and local staff personnel administration.
- Ensure the maintenance of a system for supervising and identifying all IRC assets.
- Ensure that all contracts with suppliers and vendors are legal and fully protect IRC possible.
- Overseeing the field office SC department and the functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage,
- Ensure organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet and equipment, and the functioning of the means of communication appropriate at the field office.
- Ensuring the proper set up / rehabilitation / running of base premises (office / guest house)
Human Resource Management
- Supervising and motivating direct reports, follow up their performance, providing mentoring, to ensure staff development, and enable high performance.
- Provide counseling and support in the resolution of employee relations problems. Take disciplinary action within IRC’s personnel policies when vital.
- Participate in the selection of new staff. Including: interviewing, skill assessment, general information on working and living conditions, and security briefings.
- Conduct a biannual review of all staff. Include overall performance and achievement, identifying areas for individual or group training.
- Delegate program duties in a responsible manner. Provide leadership; promote professional working relationships, and inspiring staff members to lead their staff and programs within budget and goals.
- Place an active strategy for delegating management responsibility among IRC and Refugee staff.
- Maintain a system for regular staff evaluation, and standard procedures for new position posting, interviewing, and applicant selection.
Security, Health, and Safety
- Develop and implement security policies addressing local conditions and maintain an evacuation plan which is familiar to local staff and headquarters.
- Coordinate security planning and systems with the UN, RRS, and local authorities.
- Conduct regular discussions to identify and resolve approaches to address staff’s stress levels and sense of security.
- Developed strict local vehicle safety policies and assure that they are consistently implemented.
- Monitor security situations and produce security status reports.
Communications and Authorizations
- Report in a timely and detailed way on all health problems, security developments, or criminal incidents to IRC staff or property.
- Assure that accurate channels of communication are maintained and respected. Regularly collaborate with the concerned body on all matters of significance to the program, staff, and regional affairs.
- Write monthly reports on programs, administrative, finance, and logistics matters.
- Financial Management
- Financial and administrative oversight of the field office, including approving cash expenditures, maintain operations with the operating budget, approving payroll, travel expenses, office matters.
- Field office compliance with contract and donor guidelines and requirements.
- Timeliness and completeness of Filed Office financial reports.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with RRS, local government, and staff.
- Meet regularly with local authorities, RRS, UNHCR, and other INGOs, NGOs, and UN agencies to foster goodwill and support for all program activities.
- Actively pursue coordination and working relationships with other NGOs and partners.
- A University degree, post-graduate qualification, or equivalent is preferable.
- 5-6 years related experience with post-graduate or with first degree respectively.
- At least 4 years of senior management experience.
- Experience working in a diversified team
- Proven senior-level management experience and skills.
- At least two years’ experience in NGO management.
- Excellent English report writing skills –donor standard and excellent representational skills.
- Must be a computer literate
- Project management experience is a Plus
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.