People in Need is non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights .
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015 , a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our 15 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection , Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture , Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs‘’Emergency response to the most acute WASH needs of IDPs in Gedeo Zone, Ethiopia (August 2019 to February 2020)’’
Field Officer will plan, coordinate and follow up grass root level for emergency responses under the project entitled ‘’Emergency response to the most acute WASH needs of IDPs in Gedeo Zone, Ethiopia (August 2019 to February 2020)’’ and responsible to achieve the specific results in the field in proper quality and time. Filed Coordinator works under supervision of a Filed Coordinator and with close cooperation with other project team and other departments like HR, Financial, Logistic, M and E, Safeguarding, Engineering departments.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities
· Actively participated in beneficiary’s selection criteria setting up process
· Ensure proper selection project beneficiaries done according agreed selection criteria
· Facilitate beneficiary’s verification process with respective kebele disaster reduction committee
· Actively involves in community mobilization for rehabilitation of damaged facilities in key public institution such as schools, health centres and others
· Prepare beneficiaries master files and ensure proper distribution of NFI by strictly following up do not do harm principle
- Properly carry out post distribution monitoring after distribution were done and compile lesson learnt regulars
- Collect GPS location and necessary data for water schemes found in project operation area
- Communicates with WASHCO regularly and provide them with the required technical assistance for proper management of water scheme in the project operation areas.
- Coordinate with other partners at keble level and attends various coordination mechanism meeting at kebele level and share meeting updates and findings with the project coordinator
Project related duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with project coordinator in planning, needs assessment/identification, proposal preparation, budgeting, monitoring, reporting
- Attaining the adequate results in proper quality and in time
- Assure that all visibility material and events are in accordance with the donor and PIN Guidelines
- Meeting all project related deadlines
- Provide project coordinator with weekly plans and reports of activities achieved. The reports shall be submitted every Thursday morning and will contain a shortlist of activities achieved in the past week and activities planned for the next one
- Assist the Field coordinator when a need arises
- Minimum BSc/BA in WASH related fields, Public Health, Hygiene promotion, Water supply and Sanitation, Development studies and other related fields of studies; with minimum 2 (two) years of experience in emergency sector
- Emergency Project work experience, Community mobilization
- Knowledge about core humanitarian standards
- Experience and working relationship with partners, local government and communities etc.
- Previous working experience in the INGO environment
- Excellent coordination and mobilization skill
- Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English, knowledge of local language is advantageous
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
How to Apply
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.